Urgent Need For B Negative Blood In Chiang Mai

webfact

URGENT BLOOD DONATION

A 12-year-old girl Burmese girl is in URGENT need of blood for a life-saving heart operation.

The Children's Medical Fund Programme cannot provide surgery until they receive enough blood.

If you or anyone you know has type B NEGATIVE blood and is willing to donate, please call Ta at +66 081-035-6046 immediately.

You can donate at Suan Dok Hospital, Lampang Hospital or the Thai Red Cross.

https://www.facebook.com/citynow

Made a phone call to donate my O negative blood went to the Red Cross office .......nobody there Suann Dok Hospital no have to come back tomorrow..................how Urgent is Urgent ??

Dissapionted but will go back tomorrow

I find it amazing there is no blood available. It's not like it's rh-.

This blood is not uncommon.

B- is not uncommon? One more from another planet.

Indeed > B- is only about .4% of Asian population in general. Thailand possibly less but don't have the numbers at hand. Red Cross

post-566-0-21067700-1369144320_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Indeed > B- is only about .4% of Asian population in general. Thailand possibly less but don't have the numbers at hand. Red Cross

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Indeed

• Like 1

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Indeed

Bump up,

If anyone in the area is B- and needs transport to donate please PM me and I will pick you up and take you home. Even a beer to top up the fluid levels :)

• Like 1

She does have Rh- blood. In addition to ABO groups there is also secondary criteria, Rh is the common one referred to.

The B blood group is quite common in the general Asian population in the region (20%?), however the Rhesus Negative Factor is extremely rare among Asian people.

So it is the Rhesus Negative Factor that makes these requests for blood so important.

B Rh Neg 0.4.% of the population and her other 'choice' from O Rh Neg just 1% of the population - hence the seriousness of the situation.

Although not the most common blood groups directing these requests towards Eastern European Expats and Tourists is much more likely to find a correct match as Europeans are much more likely to carry Rhesus Negative, particularity Spanish and French nationals.

Anyone that can network to forums or such expat groups in the region will being doing a good service.

Map_of_blood_group_b.gif

Only about 0.7 % Thais do have negative.-wai2.gif

I am O Negative and regularly donate blood in Chiang Mai. The O Negative is a universal donor, therefore it gets used up quickly. My heart goes out to this little girl - because I was told by my Thai doctor that if I had an accident and needed blood, I would most likely be in trouble. I remember a few years ago that a woman who just delivered a baby in Koh Samui started bleeding a lot and needed blood. She was O Negative. Of course, I donated and tried to find others in my Condo block with O Negative blood by posting notices on every floor etc. To my surprise, could not find anyone out of hundreds of farangs.

Thai Visa also did a huge campaign to get this lady blood. Unfortunately, she passed away.

In summary, the RH Negative blood availability is hard to find in Thailand. Therefore, if any one out there has the B Negative or O Negative blood type, please go and donate. It will help save a life.

Just one more important point. I donate at the Red Cross in Chiang Mai and find them to be very professional and efficient.

However, it is crucial in a case like this little girl, - that you specify that you want your blood to go to her.

So, is there any additional information about where this girl is and her name?

Then it will really help ensure that any donations get to her.

I suppose this question is directed to the original post from Admin.

I think O-Negative blood can also be accepted! That is the universal donor.

Type 'O' is the Original Donor, because that is the original blood type. Up until just a dozen centuries ago, all humans had type 'O'.

Type 'A' appeared in Europe and Type 'B' appeared in Eastern Europe. 'AB' demonstrates broad European heritage.

RH factor is another mutation.

Such mutations provide better immunity. For example the 14th plague in China killed in excess of 90%, but when it arrived in Europe it killed only about 70%, killing people with type'O' and leaving a larger population of 'A'. 'B' and 'AB' blood types..

Thus, a Burmese Girl with blood type 'B -' is an unusual occurrance, as some ancestor was from Eastern Europe.

I think O-Negative blood can also be accepted! That is the universal donor.

Type 'O' is the Original Donor, because that is the original blood type. Up until just a dozen centuries ago, all humans had type 'O'.

Type 'A' appeared in Europe and Type 'B' appeared in Eastern Europe. 'AB' demonstrates broad European heritage.

RH factor is another mutation.

Such mutations provide better immunity. For example the 14th plague in China killed in excess of 90%, but when it arrived in Europe it killed only about 70%, killing people with type'O' and leaving a larger population of 'A'. 'B' and 'AB' blood types..

Thus, a Burmese Girl with blood type 'B -' is an unusual occurrance, as some ancestor was from Eastern Europe.

You are confusing things a bit here. Type O is not the same as type O Negative. Type O - is not the original donor.

The only universal blood donor is "O Negative", - as distinct fro O Positive. So, your statement that type "O" is the original blood type and the "original donor" is incorrect.

The various categories of blood type i.e stating A B or AB and O is one thing. But, the RH Negative factor is another. It is not a mutation as you call it. There is a lot of research and speculation out there about where it came from.

In fact, if you do your research - you will find that O Negative blood types as well as other Rh Negatives have very strong immune systems. Some (particularly O Negative) cannot contract HIV as an example.

Your assumption about the Burmese girl being from European descent is not absolutely concrete.

A huge percentage of the Asian population are B Positive. All it takes is a communion of that B + blood with another person with an RH Negative factor - and it may produce a B Negative. So, not necessarily from a European. There are Asians out there with RH Negative blood types, - not many..... but they are there.

It does really matter. What is important, - is to get blood to this little girl!

• Like 1

im not trying to take away from this girls need,some countries offer you a chance to donate blood if you been in trouble instead of going to court,fantastic idea me thinks,,just thought id say good luck,,,,,

I have B- blood, and I will be arriving in Chiang Mai on Friday morning. Please let me know if B- blood is still needed. I can go to the hospital directly from the airport.

Do not go to the hospital. Go to the red cross in Chiang Mai. Phone that number and find out where to have that blood sent to. If possible, get the name and whereabouts of that girl.

Good for you!

• Like 1