Access To Chat Returns

jayenram

Since the installation of the "new" chat, a few members have complained about lag on occasions. Two in particular, totster and myself, are both using CS/Loxinfo ISP. It appears to be intermittent.

Friday 24th March: No lag at all until 08:00. After 08:00 lag increased progressively from about 30 seconds to 10 minutes. Appeared to clear up after midday (but that could have been the drink).

Saturday 25th March: No lag whatsoever.

Sunday 26th March: No lag whatsoever.

Monday 27th March: No lag until 08:00. Then lag increased progressively to a maximum of around 5 minutes at 09:00 (the time now).

It cannot be the software, I guess, or else we would always experience lag. Is it excessive server traffic? Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by bronco

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the want of nothing better to do, I did a lag check on the chat this morning:

07:40 - No lag

07:50 - No lag

08:00 - 4-6 seconds lag

08:10 - 2 minutes, 20 seconds lag

08:30 - 3 minutes, 15 seconds lag

What is it about this magical time of 08:00?

Edited by jayenram

I did a further check on the chat lag this morning (29:03:06):

05:40 - No lag

06:15 - No lag

07:15 - No lag

07:45 - No lag

08:02 - Involuntarily disconnected from chat

08:08 - 2 minutes, 40 seconds lag

08:20 - virtually 6 minutes lag

It's driving me crazy!

Added: I have today emailed my ISP (csloxinfo) customer support to see if they can throw any light on the phenomena.

Edited by jayenram

I did a further check on the chat lag this morning (29:03:06):

05:40 - No lag

06:15 - No lag

07:15 - No lag

07:45 - No lag

08:02 - Involuntarily disconnected from chat

08:08 - 2 minutes, 40 seconds lag

08:20 - virtually 6 minutes lag

It's driving me crazy!

Added: I have today emailed my ISP (csloxinfo) customer support to see if they can throw any light on the phenomena.

I havn't got that problem. I don't spend 24/7 on chat. I like to talk to real people.

I sent the following email to cscoms/loxinfo this morning

"For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing varying lag time in an internet chat room (the host server is in Texas USA).

Since Friday last week (24th), I have been logging the lag times and have found the following consistencies:

There is no lag time on a weekday before 08:00 (Thai time).

Lag time after 08:00 on weekdays can vary between 2 minutes and 10 minutes, generally increasing towards midday.

At approximately 12:30 the lag disappears, however, it returns again at approximately 13:30.

There is minimal if no lag on an evening (only checked after 19:00).

There was no lag whatsoever at anytime over the weekend (25th and 26th).

Could csloxinfo offer any explanation of this phenomena?

I am using ADSL connection.

Regards"

This afternoon, around 17:30, cscoms/loxifo rang me to ask what the problem was. "Are you connected now and on line?". "No I'm in the boozer, but I can be in 30 minutes", I says. "I'll ring you back in 1 hour", I says.

I returned home and found I was disconnected. I logged in as "jayenram", but unfortunately only vic was on and he was asleep (as usual). I tried "yorky's" logon but was asked for an unknown password so was rejected. Therefore I couldn't really determine the lag (or not).

I finally rang cscoms/loxinfo at 18:30 to explain the situation and was told "the office is now closed (24 hour service?), please ring back tomorrow in office hours"

You have no need to tell me ---------- TiT

Update at 19:00:

Cscoms/loxinfo rang (out of hours?) and explained that it was nothing to do with them. It's either ToT or TT&T that are at fault (of course) and they would speak to them. Maybe, or maybe not, I will have more info tomorrow. Bht 1,600/pm, oh well. Maybe I'll get a discount.

What pigs?

Guess what ???

3 minutes ago I tried to enter the chatroom.(new was they asked for a password)

"Access Denied.This room has not been configured to operate in this webpage.

To access this room please visit http://thaivisa.com/forum,http://www.thaivisa.com/forum

:D:D:D

I did try to enter from ? yes thaivisa.com/forum

I think Jay they very slowly try to kick out all the old chatters (OFCS)so they can let it die in peace :o

Edited by dutch

I do hope Jay is still s*ber enough to realise he shouldn't follow kruger's advice!

BTW, it seems we all tend to agree with Jay.. "if it ain't broke, don't <deleted> with it!"

Oh well.. back to w*rk. :o

It's not a problem with your ISP or ThaiVisa. The chatroom is hosted at Parachat.

By the look of things right now, it looks like the chatroom is being upgraded again. I'm being asked for a password - that's never happened before.

What's going on George?

Parachat is working on the issue. I am expecting an answer to my requests when US wakes up around 18:00 Bkk time.

The problem is the user authentication Parachat-Invision. Sorry for the problems. Hope it will be resolved this evening.