Uk - Ilr - Esol Certificate, With Citizenship?

My wife has passed her ESOL speaking and language exam, with citizenship. The Cambridge Board certificate says she has passed a speaking and listening exam. no mention of citizenship. the accompanying letter from the college says that she completed citizenship materials with the course. is this right? is this sufficient to apply for ILR under the current rules??

thanks

Until the rules change in October.

The problem then is, after she's got her ILR - she'll need to still do the new Life in the UK test and an English language test at some point when it comes to applying for citizenship, as the old English course with Citizenship will no longer be deemed valid.

Edited by bkk_mike

to the OP, my wife will be going for ILR soon and she has the same documents as these, exam certificate pas and the letter from the college....the letter is just a standard template format, I believe this is enough for ILR if applying before October 13 as said above.

We hope to be able to do the premium service and get the answer on the same day, is this what you are doing or you going by post route?

Feel free to PM me with any questions or worries you have with your application and we can talk them over, 2 heads are better than one kind of thing as dealing with all of this alone can be a big strain.

Cheers

The certificate is fine and fully accepted without the term 'citizenship' on it.

The requirement is that the course must be taught using approved citizenship materials. It does not mean the whole syllabus needs to be taught!

The letter from the college is a critical part of the required documentation unless the Life in the UK test is passed. Of course this changes in October!