Bodyboards... Where To Rent Or Buy.

mallmagician

Oh great. I didnt notice the stands in karon last time I was there. But didnt really look on that trip.

Cheers for the tip. Will be careful in the water if it looks safe enough to go in.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Shouldn't you be able to conjure one up?

Just joking around, there are stands at Kata and Karon where you can rent. Water can be treacherous this time of year, so be confident with your swimming ability before entering the surf.

Wise words. You wouldn’t want to do your final disappearing act in the Andaman Sea.

Cheers. Will aim for the smaller surf if possible. Staying at karon sea sands resort so easy to monitor the conditions as so close to the beach. A cheapy styrofoam one would do for me I reckon.

Cheers

The area around your resort (close to the circle) is generally one of the more dangerous areas to swim in the low season. You will find the board hire people a little further up the beach and also at the southern end, unless I'm mistaken. The south end of Kata also has a couple of hire racks and quite a few people surfing there. Nai Harn is the same.

Where would you say the safest places to swim would be? Would I be better off bodyboarding on another beach?

Thanks

The southernmost part of Kata Beach, where the point tends to protect is a fairly safe place to go. Go down past the restaurant called The Boathouse and try not to be in the way of the surfers.

With Karon, as many of the beaches here, the surf can cause rapid change in the sand bottom which can create rip tides that might not have been there when you entered the water. Yesterday I moved two Russian bodyboarders out of such a rip, also helped to save a Thai, got there the same time as the lifeguards who did a good job of getting her on the rescue board and into shore.