Chiang Rai Circuit Raceway?

mania

Looking good BUT screw riding hard with the run off areas in the state they are at the moment, you might never be found!

Some pics look better smile.png

1098528_553616094675110_725898138_n.jpg

I'm sorry..... But that looks worse!

Just look at that huge bank that could bring you and your heart to a sudden stop.

Still the grass looks nice on the inside smile.png

there is nothing worse than the infamous wall at Kaeng Krachan track just after start/finish i guess.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625425-superbike-magazine-racing-academy-krangkracharn-curcuit-16-17-march-2013/?p=6215844

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tellin' ya guys man, this is a motard track.

youd have more fun riding the samoeng loop.

Yeah, after watching the video, very disappointed. Doesn't look enjoyable at all, even for smaller bikes like a CBR250R or Ninja 250/300. Such a shame...

I don't know & will reserve judgement & maybe even get a ride on it sometime don't know.

But I will say some of the best racing I had when younger was night time racing 1/4 mile flat track & also at the

time what they called TT ( completely different from TT today & have no idea why it was called TT ) smile.png

But on the TT nights you used 3/4 of the 1/4 mile oval stock car track. Meaning both big turns & one straight.

Then it turned into the infield. A tight left 180, tight right, short/medium straight, another tight right, left 180 & you were back

onto the other big oval turn. Then the long straight.

I'm telling you it was great fun. We raced 125,250 & open class ( 400-450cc ) there & we always had

a great time.

Tight does not have to be boring & can be quite the opposite.

I will say this Chiangrai track does not look like a 1000cc track in the sense your never going to stretch it

Edit: It was not exactly like this as the pits were not inside like this larger oval & the straight was straight

But you get the idea wink.png

LVtrack.gif

Edited by mania

• 2 weeks later...

a track is a track and it is always better than nothing, i do not know why people complain here?!!!

i think it looks good.

Maybe because a track is NOT just a track... it needs to try and ensure that riders do not die in accidents.. it needs to minimize the chances of excessive damage to bikes and person.... many if not ALL current Thai tracks are lacking... and that's all the more disappointing as many have been built within the last 3 years. The oldest ones like NC and Bira actually have better run off space.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 2

What are the avg. lap times for bigger bikes 650 & up at bira & that other one at Kaeng Krachan?

Just curious to get an idea of lap length

edit: found some info 1:11 at Bira

Edited by mania

^^

That's the first time I've ever seen a guy riding a track with no eye protection.

Well you know how it is TIT. Was at bira this am and a guy was using a pepsi bottle cap on his aprilla coolant reservoir. I guess you have to make do...

a track is a track and it is always better than nothing, i do not know why people complain here?!!!

i think it looks good.

Maybe because a track is NOT just a track... it needs to try and ensure that riders do not die in accidents.. it needs to minimize the chances of excessive damage to bikes and person.... many if not ALL current Thai tracks are lacking... and that's all the more disappointing as many have been built within the last 3 years. The oldest ones like NC and Bira actually have better run off space.

so which one do you prefer to learn the limits of your bike?

a Big C parking lot or roads full of silver bullets/vans?

Even though it might not be the best track in this world but still better and safer than practicing a lean or how to carve twisties on a public road.

Besides, if you do not build this track there, maybe those guys will try those on public roads with full of danger for themselves and others so it also provides some cushion - such as if no brothels, the rate of sexual harassment and rape climbs!

Edited by ll2

i think it looks good.

Even though it might not be the best track in this world but still better and safer than practicing a lean or how to carve twisties on a public road.

Besides, if you do not build this track there, maybe those guys will try those on public roads with full of danger for themselves and others so it also provides some cushion - such as if no brothels, the rate of sexual harassment and rape climbs!

I like the idea of more tracks in Thailand... I really like the idea of a track being as safe as they can possibly be.. that's the point of track racing and training . riding in a safe environment. The same as the best brothels test the girls and make sure condoms in different sizes are availablebiggrin.png whistling.gif ...

• Like 1

i think it looks good.

Kaeng Krachan Circuit I would call extremely dangerous. No safe run-off and the fastest corner of the track after the main straight has a concrete wall as the safety barrier...<deleted>.!?. Too cheap even to put up a tire wall.I saw so may accidents in two days there, which more than likely would have been minor injuries & damage, that turned out to be major injuries and bike write-offs. Tracks (safe tracks that is) are definitely better than the street, but when the track can't let you test that extra bit to your own limits, because of lack of safety then its time to park the bike.

Of note: I'm looking forward to Buriam opening up, as it would more than likely be state of the art level 1 safety barriers..

• Like 1

i think it looks good.

Kaeng Krachan Circuit I would call extremely dangerous. No safe run-off and the fastest corner of the track after the main straight has a concrete wall as the safety barrier...<deleted>.!?. Too cheap even to put up a tire wall.I saw so may accidents in two days there, which more than likely would have been minor injuries & damage, that turned out to be major injuries and bike write-offs. Tracks (safe tracks that is) are definitely better than the street, but when the track can't let you test that extra bit to your own limits, because of lack of safety then its time to park the bike.

Of note: I'm looking forward to Buriam opening up, as it would more than likely be state of the art level 1 safety barriers..

I think if and when the Buriram circuit opens up, I may well be going on holiday there for a week or 2.
  • Like 2

Looks good in this shot

Would like to go see this myself hopefully soon

Posted Image

I went and saw the circuit for the first time a few days ago. I think itTV will be perfect for small bikes, SuperMoto type deals and Go-Karts. I we ould love to rip one around this track. The place is bring groomed nicely and pit space is being expanded plus shower / toilet facilities. Some interesting run-off challenges, but you will see for yourself. :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

That confirms it's a smaller bike circuit then

Current fastest lap was by an R6.

What is the time? do you know?

Just curious as I saw one earlier was on a ER6

& was 52 seconds.

Heard it did it 1sec faster than the Ninja 650 which was 52sec so must have done 51secs.

• Like 1

In most of the world a r6 is a smaller bike. Of course were in thailand and not most of the world..

Some might consider an R6 with its screaming engine and 17k rpm redline a smaller bike but I certainly wouldn't! Can hold its own on a full size track even with litre bikes.

What is the time? do you know?

Just curious as I saw one earlier was on a ER6

& was 52 seconds.

Heard it did it 1sec faster than the Ninja 650 which was 52sec so must have done 51secs.

He did a 51.2s on 08 R6...#24, he races at Thailand circuit sometimes in the supersport class.

Edited by newf
  • Like 1