Marc Faber on How the Economic Chess Game Might End

Not a very encouraging 9.5 minutes interview with Marc Faber, the Swiss financial 'guru' who lives in Chiang Mai

"His thoughts on how it ends? Pain. And lots of it. Faber thinks it ends one of two ways. Financial collapse or through war"

Link here

Nothing new, Mr. Faber the eternal pessimist...

well we have been waiting now for five years for a “ recovery “and for the debts to even start to be paid off ermm.gif

anybody who does not realise that there was indeed a recovery, based on where we stood 4½ years ago, is blind. of course... how that recovery was achieved is a different animal.

well we have been waiting now for five years for a “ recovery “and for the debts to even start to be paid off ermm.gif

anybody who does not realise that there was indeed a recovery, based on where we stood 4½ years ago, is blind. of course... how that recovery was achieved is a different animal.

Okay, I'll put on my dark glasses and get a white cane because I don't call swapping one thing for something even worse a recovery?cool.png

The recession is over but the depression has just begun

The issue was and still is overconsumption i.e. levels of consumption supported only by increase in debt levels and not by future earnings. This is the core of our problem – debt.

http://www.creditwritedowns.com/2009/10/the-recession-is-over-but-the-depression-has-just-begun.html

Edited by midas

Since America tomorrow will setup the parameters for their calculation of gdp new what means that their debt will adjusted to lower values everything MUST be allright... laugh.pngcheesy.gif

No doubt you have spent hours studying how GDP stats are calculated.

I agree with Marc that the low interest rates are creating an inflationary bubble.

When I started my factory here in Thailand 10 years ago all my employee's came to work riding bicycles. As my factory grew and my employees reaped the benefit of overtime the bicycles were upgraded to motor bikes. As we continued to grow bus service was provided to attract employees from outside areas. With the minimum wage hikes over the past 2 years the employees with motorbikes have converted to cars causing me to provide an additional car park area at my factory. Now my employees are feeling the pinch of inflation and the increase in food cost so they are requesting I provide them with lunch.

If the inflation spiral continues I will need to relocate my factory to another ASEAN nation to be competitive with the Chinese who undercut my pricing.

Unfortunately the Thai government and my employees don't understand this. Maybe if they lose their jobs it will be a lessoned learned

• Like 2

Faber does not mention the most probable scenario:

a slow economic meltdown.

after every crisis, there are times when everything seems to recover and money is made more easily.

But the damage done by the crisis remains.

ever since the first oil crisis, things never reversed to how they were before. after the recovery, came the eighties and then the next crisis... For most citizens of western countries it is a downward spiral.

I agree with Marc that the low interest rates are creating an inflationary bubble.

When I started my factory here in Thailand 10 years ago all my employee's came to work riding bicycles. As my factory grew and my employees reaped the benefit of overtime the bicycles were upgraded to motor bikes. As we continued to grow bus service was provided to attract employees from outside areas. With the minimum wage hikes over the past 2 years the employees with motorbikes have converted to cars causing me to provide an additional car park area at my factory. Now my employees are feeling the pinch of inflation and the increase in food cost so they are requesting I provide them with lunch.

If the inflation spiral continues I will need to relocate my factory to another ASEAN nation to be competitive with the Chinese who undercut my pricing.

Unfortunately the Thai government and my employees don't understand this. Maybe if they lose their jobs it will be a lessoned learned

What is stopping you planning a move now?

Since America tomorrow will setup the parameters for their calculation of gdp new what means that their debt will adjusted to lower values everything MUST be allright... laugh.pngcheesy.gif

Nice how my writings make you wake up, but please let me tell you for this I even don't need a calculator...

Inflation in Thailand is mild and in fact, much lower than other countries. Your employees simply did what is the norm here, used their salaries to acquire loans from the bank to buy things (motorcycles, cars) that they can't afford.

Don't give them free lunches thats the PT govts job.

post-63733-0-83090600-1375265555_thumb.j

Edited by kblaze

Nice how my writings make you wake up, but please let me tell you for this I even don't need a calculator...

Just straight out of your head.

• 2 weeks later...

Can always relocate to cheapest...any country in Africa.