Marriott

makavelli

Hi Guys, I am staying in the Pattaya Marriott for 3 weeks in the Summer and just want some info on what it is like?

Good rooms? (I am staying in a deluxe garden view)

Nice pool?

Clean?

I will be staying here with my Thai wife so we should'nt get any problems from security guards asking for her ID every night will we?

Thanks everyone.

I envy you. I would love to stay there but it is slightly out of my price range.

Great rooms, great pool, great location... It's world class accommodation.

There should be no problems with your wife. When you first register for your room, include her name on the registration form.

Hi Guys, I am staying in the Pattaya Marriott for 3 weeks in the Summer and just want some info on what it is like?

Nice pool?

Clean?

I will be staying here with my Thai wife so we should'nt get any problems from security guards asking for her ID every night will we?

Thanks everyone.

Its an excellent hotel and the pool etc is lovely as are the garden view rooms.

Security should be ok. :o

On the more practical side....the recent redesign of the pool and garden area looks nice, but it`s sometimes difficult to find a sunbed. The rooms are nice, but not large. The service is good and the location is excellent if you want to be located centrally. :o

On the more practical side....the recent redesign of the pool and garden area looks nice, but it`s sometimes difficult to find a sunbed.

.....Sh!!....Here's the plan Pattya Fox. When the pool is closed at about 8 p.m., we sneak down to the poolside and nick all those towels left draped over the sunbeds by those German tourists.

It's a terrific hotel and you couldn't ask for a better location..right on Beach Road. When it first opened as the 'Royal Garden Hotel', I stayed there for one month and was very impressed with the hotel.

That's the problem. Same as with the Marriott in Hua Hin - it was something else before, they acquired it. The rooms were shoe boxes.

They put the management but no way they could strech the rooms and the pools. No elevators.

If I were to stay there, nothing else available, 3500B max.

A big credit for their breakfast - 20+ Thai meals and about that farang.

On the more practical side....the recent redesign of the pool and garden area looks nice, but it`s sometimes difficult to find a sunbed.

.....Sh!!....Here's the plan Pattya Fox. When the pool is closed at about 8 p.m., we sneak down to the poolside and nick all those towels left draped over the sunbeds by those German tourists.

Funnily enough there is a small side entrance leading into the pool (which not many people know about or use)...we could use this as our escape route and then ask the fake monks to flog the lot off for us outside the Plaza :o

.....or much easier just use the sunbeds at the Dusit....always plenty available :D

Nice pool?

Clean?

Thanks everyone.

You can find very good accomodation for half that price in Pattaya and your wife can blow the difference in money for shopping.

The place is good, even better if your company or employer is paying for it!

Lucky woman, she got a rich guy, good for her!

I assume you have checked out

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PYXMC and taken the poto tour.

Having said that its a top notch hotel but not the same as JW Marriott in Phucket. It was the Royal Garden in its prior "life". If you check in with your wife you will have no problems I never have had.

Before I was married I used to stay there with BGs :o:D Never had a problem. I remember security asking me "leave with 4 sir and come back with one?" You will not be doing that as you are married unless you fancy a sliced **?*** cucumber :D

You have the beach the shopping and the Paddy Pub could not have chosen a better location or hotel.

Before I was married I used to stay there with BGs :o

They must have loved you. :D

It would be a pleasant change from sleeping in some cockroach infested short time cess pit.

Ha-ha Yeah. I think so Mighty Mouse.However loved me? Na do not think so, more like my hard earned $’s and the nice surroundings in the Marriott (to keep on topic) :D

But then I was under no misconception about the situation having studied the book or should I say novel “Private Dancer” by Stephen Leather from cover to cover!! Should be compulsory reading for all newbies heading out to Thailand for the first time. However I did make good friends with some BGs and still am with a few of them, although the missus does not know about them!! :D

Thanks everyone for their replies.

Is the pool really that bad for Germans nicking all the Sun-Loungers?

I might have to pack my Union Jack towel and Union Jack swimming trunks just to the piss the German's off!

It would work a whole lot better if we win the world-cup! Come on England!

I am really looking forward to spending 3 weeks in the Pattaya Marriott.

Is the pool well kept?

thanks

• 6 months later...
The pool is lovely but I'm a bit worried about it when it is full of English tourists.

I've been told that swimming is the only way that Pom's wash. :D

Does anyone here know what the Marriotts policy is toward having 'guests' stay with you - for example different ones every night?:o. Its always annoying when hotels charge extra for that.

Does anyone here know what the Marriotts policy is toward having 'guests' stay with you - for example different ones every night?:o. Its always annoying when hotels charge extra for that.

You will be charged extra for your night time 'guests'. Day time 'guests' slip under the radar.

You will be charged extra for your night time 'guests'. Day time 'guests' slip under the radar.

do you have any recommendations of hotels which do not charge at all?. I have a friend whos coming between the 21st December and January 4th (not the best times i know) and is looking for a place at around 40GBP per night.

Thanks,

If your friend is looking for a hotel similar to the quality of the Marriott, he can expect to pay for his night time playthings.

There are numerous hotels that only charge for the room with no questions asked about who might occasionally share with you but the quality of some of these hotels is a couple of stars less than the Marriott.

The months that your friend is coming will be high season, when rooms are scarce. He should book ahead.

I'm sure if you do a search in this forum you will find many threads with Pattaya hotel recommendations, and any Google search will also lead you to some good hotels.