Suan-lum Night Bazaar

mumx4

Yes - this is true. It will be closed by next March. Land owned by Crown Property Bureau and Suan-Lum was only temporary. New condos going in. I like Suan-Lum and bring many friends there who visit BKK - but that said the beer garden noise was out of control in the evening and the condos/houses in the area complained about the noise. One friend lived by there and was unable to keep windows open in the evening because of the music...

That site was once the army's officer academy and many officers objected to the use as a bazaar. They have applied pressure from the beginning to end, or at least not to renew, the lease on the land. The operators have known for months that they would have to close.

Not military property .... it is (like everything else around there ... the King's property. I have heard rumors about Condos ... but since the land won't be sold ... they will be VERY pricey and only 15 or 30 year leases?

I'd like to see confirmation in Print that Suan Lum is closing ..... the rumors I heard before sad Feb ... then march ... then April .....

AFAIK Central have bought out some part of the lease or are taking over some of the land on a new Crown Property lease; initially the Bazaar was not doing well at all and many felt that the leasees of the site had simply signed a series of 3 year leases then pretty much with that money in the bank walked away from the project rich. However, it has become successful, and hopefully someone else can dedicate some land in the inner city to do something similar; however with land prices how they are, this seems unlikely, sadly.