After a third-class train ride, Thai Transport Minister should fly economy

webfact

Taking the cheapest seat on the national carrier to see how he can get it out of financial trouble would prove nothing as I'm sure, like most, he knows the story behind Thai Airways.

I'm no expert but as I have understood it over the years there are so many vested interests who will not let go of their benefits. Why does the air force need a say in the airline other than to ensure retiring senior officers get a plumb post or a seat on the board. The same situation applies to those who " expect " to be rewarded by politicians for support over the years and there's no need to remind anyone of the unlimited free travel for those and such as those.

A privatised airline would take time to be turned around but at least professional executives would have a damned go if left alone but like most things here the politicians will not leave a good thing, if it's to their benefit, to get on with it.

"Also, as he told reporters, to determine whether it's the result of management problems."

Yes it is... there is far too much management and not enough business acumen....

Too many CROOKS spoil the broth.

• Like 1