Trying to track down who is blocking the word 'tor rent'

DowntownAl

That's right, I can't even use the word 'tor rent' in the topic title or the body of this message.

I have tried to access some tor rent websites I use and cannot get to most except PB and Kickass (on Chrome only) and then can only use Magnet downloads, I use Firefox and Chrome depending on circumstances. As I muddled around I discovered it is the word 'tor rent' itself that is being blocked. I tried searching in Google, Bing, One Look Dictonary, Wikipedia and yes, here on TV as well. Any page with the word 'tor rent' in the address will simply not load. I tried searching on my iPhone to see if maybe there is some malware (some pricks in the US are dumping malware to block downloads) on my laptop was the problem, it would not load any query with the word 'tor rent' in it as well. I tried switching to 3G on DTAC and it worked fine. So, I am trying to determine if this blocking is happening at 3BB or if it's the weasels who manage the wi-fi in my building. I could ask them but they lie about pretty much everything so that is pointless. Any info would be appreciated before I make that angry call.

3bb works for torrents here.

If they have community wifi for the building, they are every right to block torrents since they probably do not have the bandwidth to support it.

You will just have to get your own 3bb line if possible.

Edited by cacruden
  • Like 2

3bb works for torrents here.

If they have community wifi for the building, they are every right to block torrents since they probably do not have the bandwidth to support it.

You will just have to get your own 3bb line if possible.

yup, get your own line for torrents.

no need to be angry or to call them about it.