coming to Pattaya for a few weeks

scubascuba3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good place to chill out for a day or more is Koh Larn.

30 baht, 40 minute, ferry from Bali Hai pier, then a baht bus or mototaxi to any one of half a dozen nice beaches. Multiple choices for lodging if you stay overnight.

Samae is the largest, and has a few nice seafood restaurants right on the edge of the beach. The others are smaller, and quieter.

The ladyboy cabaret shows are highly. I particularly like the Tiffenys show but e Alcazar show is very good as well. Ey are sorta like slick Las Vegas floor shows featuring musical and dance routines. I have not yet seen theme west one, the colleseum show.

Maybe learn something new...like a au cooking class or scuba dicing or Muay Thai.

The ladyboy cabaret shows are highly. I particularly like the Tiffenys show but e Alcazar show is very good as well. Ey are sorta like slick Las Vegas floor shows featuring musical and dance routines. I have not yet seen theme west one, the colleseum show.

Maybe learn something new...like a au cooking class or scuba dicing or Muay Thai.

i have recently seen them all so can compare fairly

Tiffanys is still the best

• Like 1

I've found to really chill, a great hotel is needed. If it has a great pool, pool bar/restaurant, etc. It's easy to just relax.

Lots to do here in Pattaya. But hanging out at a few bars and enjoying the view isn't bad either. smile.png

Totally agree with your first paragraph. Never seeen the point in going away and staying in a rough hotel, I'd rather stay at home. It HAS to be decent.

For the love of god, spend as little time in hotel as possible. Just walk around in our extreme city after dark, and wonderful things will happen to you. Dont walk around Beach rd after 1 am, terrible things may happen to you.

Don't you dare to golf here, you can walk around with a golf stick in Arizona if u must, here you are in extreme city.

Spend the day in Jomtien, 10 baht form Pattaya baht bus ride, hook up with handsome guy, or a girl if you must. Then later in the evening take a slow walk on Beach rd, sit down at Starbucks for latte w double shot of espresso, observe the girls across the road, that alone is better than 10 years on a golf course.

Decide what you like, and make friends, secure valuables in safe beforehand ofc.

Eat Thai food on the street, avoid tourist restaurants. While u eat check out person next to you, smile, go from there.

Thats Pattaya!

I take walks on beach road during the day,and just see what's happening.I also check out the malls.

Beach rd is useless daytime now, even Joe6Pack knows this, alltho he will never admit this, he just wants to argue, but he posts cute animal pics so its ok.

Go to Beach rd after 7-8pm or so, but get out of there by 1am or so, ladyboys are high by then, and they dont joke around. The desperate one who havent scored by then are vicious, bestto avoid unless you want to see the real extreme part of Pattaya, if you do, make sure your health insurance is up to date, if yes, go for it, it is extreme city after all, so may as well be a kamikaze.

Why you go to malls? Even Starbucks at Central is useless, really bad location, no view, all concrete, avoid.

Stay at Jomtien day time, avoid Pattaya during day time cos it is so so bad, but after sun set wonder around, and thing will happen to you. Its all part of Extreme city package.

You could hire a jetski and have a great time zooming around ,i hear its great fun ,and then some jolly banter with the owners afterwards.smile.png

To suggest a guy visiting Pattaya for the 1st time to hire jet sky is not sarcasm, it is just bad advice. Jet sky ride that as advertised to cost u 1500 baht for 30 minutes is gonna cost you around 40 000 baht in the end. Its a scam. Pattaya residents know this scam. TV user i Claudius was trying to make funny, suggesting you should rent a jet sky. Don't rent a jet sky here, stay as far away from them as possible.

• Like 1

Its ok I'm not a virgin Thai visitor, but thanks for your concern. My eyes are wide open but in the past I've avoided pattaya because of its reputation. I'll probably dip in and out of its more entertaining side on this trip :-)

just dip in, dont hurry to dip out, you will love it here! :)