Australian Sim card

jocko

Sure, try amaysim 4 GB data $39 Optus network unlimited calls in Australia landline or mobile for 1 month, view all your usage with their app or website and $10 off if you use this link http://amp.do/r/Oi6JiRFf and I also get $ 10 credit, and when you recommend someone you too will get a $10 credit. Sounds good? Hope that helps.

Edited by aussiebrian
  • Like 1

I got it when I was back in Australia. it has auto recharge, but only if you link it so they can auto recharge it. You don't need to do anything . I got it for 1 month worth and the number will stay valid for 12 months. I had one 18 months before and when I applied for the new sim they told me the one 18 months previous had just expired the day before, so maybe the number stays valid for 18 months. They even give you a choice of number on their website, so my Aussie number and my Thai number are almost the same, only 3 numbers are different. With unlimited calls it was fantastic being able to catch up with lots of old friends around Australia.

Edited by aussiebrian

I was just checking out the Lebara site. Looks good if you only need a small amount of data, as you can call some countries for free with the $49.90 plan, the only drawback is it only gives you 1.5 GB data and Amaysim is 4 GB. I used 3.5 GB of data in the 3 weeks I was back. I wouldn't have lasted the month unless I was careful. Don't know how much you use.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am using amaysim while home for a month. $2 for the sim and $30 for 4gb 30 days. Should have got the $39 deal with unlimited phone calls. Very good service. Video call to wife using google hangouts no problems.

Edited by sammycic

• 2 weeks later...

Went to shop to get the amaysim but was advised by shop that there network was not so good in the local area and suggested that Telstra was the local choice I got there sim and $30 dollar plan but I soon found out that the coverage is not good where i am and only on edge but better than nothing.