Looking For A Nanny

Leo2006

hi,

urgently need a nanny to come in just during the day, 6 or 7 days a weeks if possible. where can I find one?

my wife and myself came home today with our new born baby and the house is in a pig sty.

not going to go into details, but the cause of this is her mother and her two year old grand child which she been looking after in a village in Isan. ever since they've been here, which is about two weeks...the house has been taken over by just about the whole family. I got to booth the lot of them out before I go insane.

really appreciate any advice as to where I could find a nanny and how much I should pay. just a 6 hour day, 6 or 7 days a week. I can't afford to pay too much...I'm on meagre teacher's wage living in a 5,000 baht a month townhouse in Nonthaburi.

thanks

Leo

Hi Leo,

We used a nanny for 2 years from Kid's Home. She was very good with our daughter, she was live in six days a week and got sundays off. Not sure if they are in your price range though, but check the site out.. Good luck..

Thanks so much.... our first night home...9.30...the mother is being no help whatsoever..she's sick in bed...was sick when she arrived...paid for her to see a doctor in a private hospital and now she's got something else wrong with her. my wife has got no idea what to do with out new born...it's going to be a real struggle tonight.

I don't know if my reply will be too late for you or not.

When my wife was born, her parents had hired 3 real nurses (working in diff shift) to look after her until she's 1 yr old, because her parents had no clue how to take care a new born baby. This way everything, including medical needs were taken care of by the competent qualified person. Then after she turned 1 yr old, the family just got a regular nanny.

She was born in the local children hospital in Bangkapi-BKK, so it was easy to find local nurses at the same hospital to work after their shift for a few hours at the time for extra money.

When my wife was born, her parents had hired 3 real nurses (working in diff shift) to look after her until she's 1 yr old, because her parents had no clue how to take care a new born baby.

Amazing Thailand..isn't it? :D:D ...try that in the West.....and have a look in your wallet after 1 year :o

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...

Being a member of Bambi, I agree does have heaps of ads for maids and nannies but these are also the most expensive nannies in THailand. Some of them want more than a fresh grad.'s salary, and they are probably worth every penny but not all of us can afford to pay that kind of money. So, what you can do is find a maid who is in your price range and who loves kids, and send her to a nanny school. Try www.bangkoknannycenter.com - I sent my maid there for a 6 day course for 6 hours everyday and it cost me about 2500 bht and it was well worth every penny.

A maid will cost you between 5000 - 7000 bht a month. A nanny will cost you between 7000 - 12,000. That's what they charge these days anyway.