What the steps for selling used car to tents/dealers/individuals? And how about the insurance?

jiangaq

How to sell used car to tents or dealers or people? Any detailed steps will be appreciated.

- If sell to tents or dealers, is it possible to change the owner name to them on the book when make a deal? Or I have to wait until they find the proper buyer?

- If sell to individuals, it means I have to go along with the buyer to the transportation department where I get the driving license there to change the book name?

What the steps for changing the name of insurance contract? Just go to insurance company for it?

Any other to-do?

Thanks.

Edited by jiangaq

My experience was that the name change was handled by the dealer, you get a receipt for the car and you sign the change of tile form. This is acknowledged on the receipt. You can not transfer the insurance to another car , it usually goes with the car. You may be able to cancel the insurance and get a small refund. I have personally sold to the tent dealer and never any hassle, also paid in cash.

Changing name on insurance just go to insurance company.

Private sale I went to the transportation office with the seller, did all the paperwork, handed it in, paid fee, got receipt, went back 3 days later for book in my name.

Car will be inspected by them to ensure chassis numbers match the book.

One thing to near in mind, the SELLER needed a letter of residence as well from immigration.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 5 months later...

Changing name on insurance just go to insurance company.

Private sale I went to the transportation office with the seller, did all the paperwork, handed it in, paid fee, got receipt, went back 3 days later for book in my name.

Car will be inspected by them to ensure chassis numbers match the book.

One thing to near in mind, the SELLER needed a letter of residence as well from immigration.

thanks for your info

you mean it needs 3 days to change name on the blue book?

so when you pay cash to the seller?

besides how much to pay in the transpprtation department totally?

thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes took 3 days to get book. I paid cash to the buyer once the vehicle had been inspected and the paperwork had been looked over by the transportation office and they had the green book and I had a receipt.

• Like 1

Yes took 3 days to get book. I paid cash to the buyer once the vehicle had been inspected and the paperwork had been looked over by the transportation office and they had the green book and I had a receipt.

Thank you!

And how much around cost for all the documents, inspection and so on in the transportation department?

Private sale I went to the transportation office with the seller, did all the paperwork, handed it in, paid fee, got receipt, went back 3 days later for book in my name. Car will be inspected by them to ensure chassis numbers match the book.

Quote: "One thing to near in mind, the SELLER needed a letter of residence as well from immigration."

I was not aware of this requirement (Seller needs letter of residence).

1. Was this a "One Off", or have other's experienced this also?

2. If so, do you know if it is it still a current requirement?

Green Book Motorbikes ,Blue Book Cars is that correct

Private sale I went to the transportation office with the seller, did all the paperwork, handed it in, paid fee, got receipt, went back 3 days later for book in my name. Car will be inspected by them to ensure chassis numbers match the book.

Quote: "One thing to near in mind, the SELLER needed a letter of residence as well from immigration."

I was not aware of this requirement (Seller needs letter of residence).

1. Was this a "One Off", or have other's experienced this also?

2. If so, do you know if it is it still a current requirement?

Sellers all ways needs a CR for the ltd. Same as buyer. this a nation wide requirement.

Green Book Motorbikes ,Blue Book Cars is that correct

Yes. Green Book = motorbikes. Blue Book = 4 wheel cars/truck/suv.