Transferring funds from UK bank to Thai bank

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this is a repeat request. I live in Australia and have transferred funds to a bank in Thailand before, however I have funds in the UK which I wish to transfer to my bank inTthailand and I have not done this before.

I have 45,000 pounds sterling in a Lloyds Bank account which I wish to transfer to my Savings account at the Kasikorn Bank. I have the bank details but want to confirm that there are no issues that I have not thought about. I want to make sure that the funds are transferred in Sterling. Is there anything lse that I should know?

Thank you

Steve

when you request the transfer make sure you say what the funds are for 2.3million bht.they will ask you this end,and get a copy of the transfer from kasikorn in case you ever want to take it out of thailand.

Thai banks do not have sort codes as do banks in the UK.

The UK bank will need the SWIFT code of your receiving bank and this is the same for all branches of that bank in Thailand. The SWIFT code for Kasikorn Thai Bank is KASITHBK and for The Bangkok Bank it's BKKBTHBK. The account number then identifies the individual branch and account. Do spell your name exactly as on your Thai bank book including the 'Mr.' if present.

This is something that I am trying to sort out at the moment. That is transferring Pounds Sterling from the UK to my Thai bank. Just to verify can the funds be transferred in Pounds to my Bangkok Thai currency account.

Sorry not wanting to hijack the post.

jb1

This is something that I am trying to sort out at the moment. That is transferring Pounds Sterling from the UK to my Thai bank. Just to verify can the funds be transferred in Pounds to my Bangkok Thai currency account.

jb1

Yes. Send Sterling, it will be converted at a better rate on arrival in Thailand.

Which bank are you sending from in the UK and which is the bank in Thailand (there are a few wrinkles and other options if your Thai bank is Bangkok Bank).

jb1

Yes. Send Sterling, it will be converted at a better rate on arrival in Thailand.

Which bank are you sending from in the UK and which is the bank in Thailand (there are a few wrinkles and other options if your Thai bank is Bangkok Bank).

GB Nationwide Thailand Bank of Bangkok or Kasikorn.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkokbank/personalbanking/dailybanking/transferingfunds/transferringintothailand/receivingfundsfromuk/Pages/ReceivingFundsfromUK.aspx

I have been looking around and found the link above. I have actually just posted it on another thread.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

I have done this for the past twelve years, first from Nationwide Building Society to Kasikorn Thai bank (in fact that far back it was The Thai Farmers Bank) and when Nationwide Building Society found out I was living here they closed the account but let me open one with Nationwide International on the Isle of Man. In all those years I have never had a problem. Just make sure you transfer sterling (GBP) and it will be converted here and credited to your account here. Nationwide need the SWIFT code, name of receiving bank, account number and account name. They charge 25 quid. I believe Halifax BS do it cheaper?