Current advice on quality reliable tailors in Chiang Mai

goodgenie4u

Failing to get recent reviews on goo tailors, Please recommend tailors based on personal experiences in thr past year or so and more so if you have been repeat customer. Of interest to me is ways of ensuring that

(1) Tailoring skills are good. meaning I can specify what I need, but can they step up to it?

(2) How can I determine whether the wool suiting fabric is woven in Italy or some other country and is not a blend that is easy to see by the feel or look.

(3) Any other tips

Thanks

Dennis

If you paste this 18.713066,98.940019 into google maps and on the left hand side of the road is a tailor that does a good job but she does not speak English and you will have to bring your own fabric. If you want something made you can give her a picture, if you want a copy of something that you already have she can copy it, and you can make alterations also.

We've been thru this before and often Fashion King gets high marks.

Frank will interview you about where you intend to wear the suit and for what type of events. He told my husband that it was best to have a blend -- not 100% wool and he was right. That suit never looks wrinkled and is as comfortable as a suit can be for the times he has to wear a suit in Chiang Mai.

Fashion King has 100% wool woven in Italy if that's what you want, but it's not always what best for your climate and the way you plan to use the suit.

Edited by NancyL

• 1 month later...