PM Yingluck to step down only her party loses in election

webfact

Where else in the world could a P.M. who leads a party democratically elected by the people, be ordered to resign, except in a "banana republic"?

I am no fan of PTP, but how can this be possible?

We're you here when the red shirts aka Thaksins hired thugs set fire to Bangkok! how could this be possible but only in a banana republic .

Then you agree with me ag. Was I here then? Check my user name & date.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where else in the world could a P.M. who leads a party democratically elected by the people, be ordered to resign, except in a "banana republic"?

Where else in the world can a PM be merely a proxy being given instructions how to not do her job by her brother who is a fugitive on the run who hasn't even been in the country in over 5 years ?

How can this be possible?

In your face !!

"everything has to follow constitutional democracy and the rule of law."

How would it be first to revoke the passport of a convicted criminal,

who is unfortunately, the older brother of the (caretaker) Prime Minister?

The Ombudsman has been waiting still long for a response in this lawless case!

Another soundbite. The Ombudsman issued a recommendation that the reissue of a passport by the Foreign Ministry should be reviewed. That's it. No talk of breaking laws - even if it was deemed a law breaking offence it would be the Foreign Minister at the time who would be the one accused not Yingluck.

So what has your off topic whinging about passports have to do with either constitutional democracy or the rule of law with respect to Yingluck stepping down from the position of Caretaker PM or not?

The answer : SFA.

Your usual banal attempt at fudging the issues and avoiding the reality.

Yingluck's government issued a passport to a convicted criminal fugitive, who also happens to be her brother, and is wanted on outstanding more serious charges. The passport was issued by the foreign office, during the most serious flooding in memory, and was opened especially for this, by the foreign minister, her cousin. The passport was then delivered by diplomatic process to the criminal fugitive. Wonder who payed for all this? The taxpayer? PM using government machinery and money to benefit a member of her family at a time of national disaster?

The Ombudsman rightly questioned this and a sought an explanation. Over 2.5 years later, this is still not answered and simply treated with the usual contempt that any questioning receives.

I'm not surprised you don't see anything wrong in this. After all, she was "democratically elected' so she can do what she wants".

I thought I made myself clear - just listing what posters do not like about the PTP government and linking that to every thread response they make no matter how off topic, does not make for interesting reading.

I was just pointing out, that whatever the legalities, ethics or whatever else you want to apply, whether the ombudsman is still waiting for an answer about Thaksins reissued passport or not , it has got #@%$ all to do with the thread we are currently on.

If you and the rest of your brethren wish to discuss passports please feel free to go to the correct thread and do so.

Really? So her behavior in office has nothing to do with whether she should step down or not? What do you think sparked the mass protests?

You've always made yourself very clear - ignore any facts that don't support your red tinted PTP sympathies.

Carry on fudging and trying to obscure - its what this ex government have done best since taking office.

Because beneath all the glitz and glamour it is a Banana Republic . I'm beginning to think you fancy her a bit Rat. wink.png

So not elected by the people only the party. If we lose I will step down (because I will not be in the limelight, no trips abroad, no perks, less mobile bills, no more free aircraft seat, family would be out so I will also.

To be fair if you have the fight you will stay on in opposition and want for your people to return to power, but alas telling the truth you would be useless in the house in opposition to argue against KORN (wish) Yingluck you did what was asked by your brother, and the party. NOT BY the ELECTORATE they didn't vote you in.

If your party do get re-elected it will not be because of your leadership. ONLY money will return you in office.

Were Abhisit and/or Suthep EVER voted in by the electorate to their recent positions as PM and vice-PM?

Edited by moradave

As usual Suthep is confused "will of the people" I think he forgot she won the election and would again. The last time not by a thin majority but by an overwhelming majority, and I think she would do it again. Will of the people "good grief Charlie Brown"

And the problem with the PDRC opposition is that they won't stop even if she does win the election. They'll continue chipping away destabilizing the country, just as that idiot Rudd did in Australia, but the labor party paid the price for that, not that they were ever going to win!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

Probably you need to be a little more circumspect about referring to "empty rooms upstairs" when the context clearly indicates she will relinquish her party leadership position if PTP loses the election.

Speaking of being circumspect about other people having empty rooms upstairs, she isn't the party leader.

Jarupong Ruangsuwan is.

Perhaps her context isn't as clear as some might have thought it was.

I didn't say she was and in fact my words were carefully chosen to convey she was among the leaders not the top one.

They weren't too carefully chosen if by party leadership you didn't imply party leader.

She's not party leader, she's not even a member of the party's executive committee that chooses the party leadership.

She's simply a figure head and a "cloned" one at that with a pitiful level of your claimed "leadership"

Leadership?

:cheesy:

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty

"everything has to follow constitutional democracy and the rule of law."

How would it be first to revoke the passport of a convicted criminal,

who is unfortunately, the older brother of the (caretaker) Prime Minister?

The Ombudsman has been waiting still long for a response in this lawless case!

Another soundbite. The Ombudsman issued a recommendation that the reissue of a passport by the Foreign Ministry should be reviewed. That's it. No talk of breaking laws - even if it was deemed a law breaking offence it would be the Foreign Minister at the time who would be the one accused not Yingluck.

Your usual banal attempt at fudging the issues and avoiding the reality.

Yingluck's government issued a passport to a convicted criminal fugitive, who also happens to be her brother, and is wanted on outstanding more serious charges. The passport was issued by the foreign office, during the most serious flooding in memory, and was opened especially for this, by the foreign minister, her cousin. The passport was then delivered by diplomatic process to the criminal fugitive. Wonder who payed for all this? The taxpayer? PM using government machinery and money to benefit a member of her family at a time of national disaster?

The Ombudsman rightly questioned this and a sought an explanation. Over 2.5 years later, this is still not answered and simply treated with the usual contempt that any questioning receives.

I'm not surprised you don't see anything wrong in this. After all, she was "democratically elected' so she can do what she wants".

Thanks for highlighting the falsehoods put forth by those trying to rewrite the truth.

Issuing the passport was unequivocally illegal.

It violated the foreign ministry's own rules, which, unsurprisingly and logically, prohibit the issuance of a new passport to a convicted criminal on the run overseas.

Shocking what his acolytes here on the forum try and fawn off as they rewrite reality.

Keep 'em honest.

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty
  • Like 1

Talk about empty rooms upstairs. What part of the constitutional process of holding elections do you not understand? Apart from all of it?

She of her brother's DNA is doomed.

What do you think will happen to all the cases being looked at by the CC and the NACC?

Cheating with the votes

Cheating with the content of the bills

Cheating with opposition debating time

Refusing to recognise the CC

She may well find herself in Bang Kwang with a number of her protocol-challenged lackeys

I am not certain that DNA has anything to do with what Suthep has stirred into an issue.

The merits of the rest of your post simply describe the status quo of the "going's on" in this government. It is moot and nothing more than the unwritten "Thai Constitution" that supersedes what is written on paper.

If you do a read on the election processes, you will find that these processes are so riddled with opportunity for corruption and vulnerability to manipulation for any over-eager wealthy Thai (who never likes to lose at anything they set their sights to and will stoop to any level to attain), then it leads one to believe that no election will produce satisfactory results, which reflect the true intentions of the voters, and who they voted for, or were bribed to vote for. It is quite simply an impossibility.

I guess I am saying that every single elected official got their seat illegitimately, but you cannot blame any one official in that seat without also blaming the voting public for being stupid enough to allow their greed to change their vote, and/or their shame at showing their dissatisfaction in their own districts BEFORE we reach such a level of dissatisfaction to have to make a Big Show in Bangkok.

It would be a lot easier for the voting public to protest in their own districts and begin change there, before allowing their misguided intentions to be forwarded to higher levels which produce such a lopsided and questionable outcome.

I guess they are too afraid to do that in their own distracts, where they reside in their own neighborhoods and homes. It would bring too much attention on to themselves and identify them to everyone around them. No way they would call out one of their own candidates, whom they know full well will go on to "buy" their way into a higher office, and whom these voters tolerate because they have a few bahts in their sweaty palms. That is the only and the last benefit they see in these elections, as once their candidates move on, they are forgotten.

It is far too easy to be "Thai" and go to Bangkok and act like idiots; ...where anonymity is secured in the masses and no one sitting near you knows who you are; ...a bunch of moral cowards who mass together and think that violence and shouting equates to some kind of legitimate issue.

Not protesting this at a grass roots level, in their own districts, before these crooks that the people drool all over move on to Parliament, is about as entertaining as watching the frogs in the pot of water that is on the fire. The frogs enjoy the very element that leads to their dissatisfaction and "protest" as they experience eventual ruin in boiling water.

Idiots all!

so you refuse to even entertain the possibility that this is exactly what Suthep is rising against...?

Because beneath all the glitz and glamour it is a Banana Republic . I'm beginning to think you fancy her a bit Rat. wink.png

So not elected by the people only the party. If we lose I will step down (because I will not be in the limelight, no trips abroad, no perks, less mobile bills, no more free aircraft seat, family would be out so I will also.

To be fair if you have the fight you will stay on in opposition and want for your people to return to power, but alas telling the truth you would be useless in the house in opposition to argue against KORN (wish) Yingluck you did what was asked by your brother, and the party. NOT BY the ELECTORATE they didn't vote you in.

If your party do get re-elected it will not be because of your leadership. ONLY money will return you in office.

Were Abhisit and/or Suthep EVER voted in by the electorate to their recent positions as PM and vice-PM?

Not by the electorate, but by the MPs, they were chosen ONLY to be caretaker-interim until stability was restored after the siege of BKK by the red shirts, General election was called for when the mood was right.

The guy was there only for the 2 years, didn't fair badly-economy-corruption levelled off which returned immediately the FAMILY took control. FACT.

Oh! i always thought that "The Banana Republic" was Jamaica. Do u even know what time of the day it is?

Ja'maica? Na, she went of her own accord!

w00t.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Like 1

Oh! i always thought that "The Banana Republic" was Jamaica. Do u even know what time of the day it is?

Ja'maica? Na, she went of her own accord!

w00t.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist

She went with Mrs-Sippi, and Ms Souri. Georgia greeted them where they met up outside at Amazon, Chile at the time.

Talk about empty rooms upstairs. What part of the constitutional process of holding elections do you not understand? Apart from all of it?

She of her brother's DNA is doomed.

What do you think will happen to all the cases being looked at by the CC and the NACC?

Cheating with the votes

Cheating with the content of the bills

Cheating with opposition debating time

Refusing to recognise the CC

She may well find herself in Bang Kwang with a number of her protocol-challenged lackeys

I am not certain that DNA has anything to do with what Suthep has stirred into an issue.

The merits of the rest of your post simply describe the status quo of the "going's on" in this government. It is moot and nothing more than the unwritten "Thai Constitution" that supersedes what is written on paper.

If you do a read on the election processes, you will find that these processes are so riddled with opportunity for corruption and vulnerability to manipulation for any over-eager wealthy Thai (who never likes to lose at anything they set their sights to and will stoop to any level to attain), then it leads one to believe that no election will produce satisfactory results, which reflect the true intentions of the voters, and who they voted for, or were bribed to vote for. It is quite simply an impossibility.

I guess I am saying that every single elected official got their seat illegitimately, but you cannot blame any one official in that seat without also blaming the voting public for being stupid enough to allow their greed to change their vote, and/or their shame at showing their dissatisfaction in their own districts BEFORE we reach such a level of dissatisfaction to have to make a Big Show in Bangkok.

It would be a lot easier for the voting public to protest in their own districts and begin change there, before allowing their misguided intentions to be forwarded to higher levels which produce such a lopsided and questionable outcome.

I guess they are too afraid to do that in their own distracts, where they reside in their own neighborhoods and homes. It would bring too much attention on to themselves and identify them to everyone around them. No way they would call out one of their own candidates, whom they know full well will go on to "buy" their way into a higher office, and whom these voters tolerate because they have a few bahts in their sweaty palms. That is the only and the last benefit they see in these elections, as once their candidates move on, they are forgotten.

It is far too easy to be "Thai" and go to Bangkok and act like idiots; ...where anonymity is secured in the masses and no one sitting near you knows who you are; ...a bunch of moral cowards who mass together and think that violence and shouting equates to some kind of legitimate issue.

Not protesting this at a grass roots level, in their own districts, before these crooks that the people drool all over move on to Parliament, is about as entertaining as watching the frogs in the pot of water that is on the fire. The frogs enjoy the very element that leads to their dissatisfaction and "protest" as they experience eventual ruin in boiling water.

Idiots all!

so you refuse to even entertain the possibility that this is exactly what Suthep is rising against...?

You'll have to excuse me for being extremely cynical when it comes to Thais. They are a bit like fire: they go wherever the wind blows and if you get too close you'll burn.

I do not refuse to entertain that what any Thai says has possibilities. What Suthep says is only what he says. Thais are good at that: saying but never doing.

Yes, he "says" a lot a few things that catch my attention and make me think it would be nicer were it true, but I suspect that Suthep knows this better than anyone else. He is a crafty old bird.

I don't buy it, and what's more, the way he is going about things demonstrates that he is all lies.

What remote portion of "walking the talk" has he accomplished since he began with this new marketing strategy of "Give the vote back to the people"? I don't see that he has laid down even one example of what he is spouting off about. Every time I see his face it is directed towards Parliament. His face is never directed towards the people, with the exception that when he does address the people, he is spouting off about Parliament.

No! I think thus far he is just like the rest of them. All talk (and how sweet that talk is) and no show, and by no means is he a leader other than to lead people into a fit of rage over mere talk.

In a way I hope PTP do win the election.

Better to have the Democrats and anyone who is sick of the PTP's corruption, graft, lies and incompetence protesting rather than Thaksin's bankrolled redshirt terrorists holding Bangkok to ransom and burning the city down.

And I noticed the resident troll is buzzing around this topic like a fly around a garbage can. Please stop feeding him, open the window and hope he flies away. biggrin.png

• Like 1