Thai Ducati Multistrada bent wheel

Disting

Dont think that any bike is build to ride through deep potholes at speed. So is riding on thai streets an abuse?

A soft wheel that bends is better than a hard wheel that breaks. But such forces should not get to the rim. Easy to damage the tyre too in such situation i guess. Will be interesting to see how Ducati reacts.

Multistrada means "many roads" and hints to use on rough pavement and touring anywhere.

The bent rim is unacceptable however at the cost of being unpopular I'll say that doesn't surprise me on an Italian bike.

Multistrada means "many roads" and hints to use on rough pavement and touring anywhere.

The bent rim is unacceptable however at the cost of being unpopular I'll say that doesn't surprise me on an Italian bike.

I own a Ducati and sgree with you paz. They have to make the wheels more robust, even at the detriment of extra weight, rotating mass. Its not as if every Multistrada owner is going out for a Pikes Peak run.

does anyone have the name and address of a wheel works in bangkok that straightens bike mag/alloy wheels?

What does ducati thailand say?

Hope they replace the rim for free as if i were you, i dont trust a repaired rim on a bike like million baht multistrada.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

does anyone have the name and address of a wheel works in bangkok that straightens bike mag/alloy wheels?

What does ducati thail

ce
and say?

Hope they repla the rim for free as if i were you, i dont trust a repaired rim on a bike like million baht multistrada.

What does ducati thailand ce and say? That's the question I am pondering.
They want the big bucks for their bikes. They should be prepared to stand behind the owners when it matters.

Hope they replace the rim for free as if i were you, i dont trust a repaired rim on a bike like million baht multistrada.

It is not the op asking.

Thai built - that's the problem.

Why don't you just keep quiet if you have nothing to say.

He said something reasonable for me.

or the OP and his friend went through very harsh roads or trails with lots of bumps.

You know, Ducati uses light alloys to keep the bikes light but in return, it looks like they are not so durable for harsh conditions but sure OK for smooth roads.

It was really a silly comment imo. The bike is not Thai built but assembled. Anyhow we are talking about the wheels which are first of all not built but manufactured. Brand is Enkei and they come from Germany if I am not mistaken.

Therfor Thai built is the problem was seen as troll post by me.

Even if something would be Thai built is that the reason it would brake?

Good reply, I know that on the Ducati bikes assembled here over 90% of the parts are manufactured in Italy, on my Monster they said that only the handlebars and wiring harness were made in Thailand and I would imagine that it is about the same for the other models. I've had a couple of Ducatis now, a Monster before and now a Diavel, and I haven't had any warranty problems with either one of them. I did check the Diavel's wheels after reading the original post and they don't have any problems. Like most people who ride in Thailand I have hit some pretty deep potholes but I have been lucky so far.

All very well but please,,

Is there an address of a capable rim repair shop in Bangkok?

Assuming the worst and If I have to get the rim straightened it's likely to be a fairly common occurrence judging by my experience and stories I have heard from others so I'd like to know where to go.

It is not the op asking.

Just follow the thread paz.

It is not the op asking.

I did follow.

The OP with a new Ducati and bent rim is Disting.

The person asking (twice now) for a repair shop without mention of maker, is warrimurf.

That is why I said your comment about going back to Ducat does not apply :)

It is not the op asking.

I did follow.

The OP with a new Ducati and bent rim is Disting.

The person asking (twice now) for a repair shop without mention of maker, is warrimurf.

That is why I said your comment about going back to Ducat does not apply :)

Warrimurf has a duc multistrada with a bent rim as well paz which is stated in this thread.

I am just as interested in finding a wheel straightening place. Warrimurf works with me and we bought the bikes within 8 weeks of each other.

We are still after any feedback from other Multistrada owners. There is definitely one other out there that has a dented wheel as Warrimurf spoke to him. If anyone knows a Multi owner, please ask them to check.

As an update, Ducati Italy have contacted Warrimurf and said they want a report done by Ducati Thailand. The report on my wheel has been done and waiting contact from Ducati. Will update as we get news.

• Like 2