Please recommend salad bars or health food restaurants

baywatch82

The Salad Tree, underneath where Mahidol crosses Ping-take left immediately before ping as you come out of town, park just before T junction below, and it will be across the road in front of you. great riverside location and good 70's music to block out minor traffic noise from Mahidol.

Also CoCo Salad upstairs at meechok Plaza-choose your favourite from 6 lettuces, add 8 toppings and 1 dressing, 95baht.

And at Star avenue mini-mall by the bus station, Gardeners Delight -all you can eat Salad buffet, with free coffee and refills-120 baht. Nice people.

And on Thapae Road on the left and about 500-800 metres before you get to thapae gate a couple of nice veggie places-dont recall names but you will find them ok.

And Brown Rice Organic bistro in Samlarn-if you arrive by bike I think you get 10% off! TV chef and author,does fabulous fresh Vietnamese spring rolls-raw of course, But iffy if the owner is not in the kitchen

There's a few to get you started-be good to see what you think of them.

• Like 1

I don't really go down the health route as I sit here sipping a large G&T but the Pun Pun vegetarian on the grounds of Wat Suan Dok is pretty good and then there is Khun Churn who do a day time buffet down Soi 17 Nimmanhemin which I also enjoyed..other than that I can tell you that the Dukes do a good Caesar Salad

I don't really go down the health route as I sit here sipping a large G&T but the Pun Pun vegetarian on the grounds of Wat Suan Dok is pretty good and then there is Khun Churn who do a day time buffet down Soi 17 Nimmanhemin which I also enjoyed..other than that I can tell you that the Dukes do a good Caesar Salad

Fyi khun churn is gone. Another site development no doubt.

I did read a sign outside saying they are moving to the old cultural centre beyond wualai....yes middle of nowhere.

Suthep road, next door to kasikorn is you and me salad and I like the pun pun at the very top of suthep road,quality well presented veggie food.

On Monday and Friday evenings, Kantary HIlls Hotel has a very nice fresh salad bar with soup and some fruit and jello for dessert for 200 baht a person. There are many prepared salads with meats and chicken, but they have smoked salmon and grilled vegetables as well as fresh breads.

• Like 1

Sizzler salad bar.

I like your style. Sizzler salad bars are always fresh, tasty and, I think, very good value for money. However if you are on a diet or after a health meal, forget it, thats why they are so tasty. I always have a selection, each one already tossed in oil/sauce then I add bacon bits, grated cheese and add a good dollop of Thousand Island dressing. My wife says I am getting fat (actually more fat) but I tell her I am only having a salad as a starter followed by a small main course, I order the prawns or salmon, its not my fault they add garlic butter or some other similar low calorie sauce. I usually finish with a helping of their concrete jelly, it only has a little whipped cream so it would be a shame to leave it.

The best quality health food is Tianzi down near the night market.

The chef is very good and the quality of food is very high and consistent.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d1728707-Reviews-Tianzi_Tea_House_and_Garden-Chiang_Mai.html

Also for vegetarian fare, good prices and good service, Anchan in Nimanhamen is quite good.

It's a 2-3 minute walk from Salad Concept in the same neighborhood.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d3602277-Reviews-Anchan_Vegetarian-Chiang_Mai.html

On Monday and Friday evenings, Kantary HIlls Hotel has a very nice fresh salad bar with soup and some fruit and jello for dessert for 200 baht a person. There are many prepared salads with meats and chicken, but they have smoked salmon and grilled vegetables as well as fresh breads.

i agree this is very good. funny thing though, i went with some Thai friends one time and they all ate like horses and really enjoyed it. when we left they said they were still hungry and immediately went to eat noodles down the street.laugh.png

I "third" the Sizzler all you can eat salad bar!

Lots of options. Always fresh. Includes all you can eat soup and pasta too!

For desert I start with fresh fruit then spoil the whole "healthy" thing by eating 3 or 4 Chocolate mouse!

Beau thai had a lot of great info to offer.

I'm going to try Gardener's Delight this week for sure! 120 baht all you can eat? Can't beat that.

There is a good one at Tanin market for 40 bahts I get a bag full of goodies. We bicycle there to for excersize.

I go there regularly as well and think it's the freshest and certainly the best bang for ones baht.

Not sure of the name but there is a salad place on the food floor at the new festival mall. I think it is the same level as the movie theater. Not sure just saw it. Maybe down one level.

I like the one on soi17 niehmanhamon. Vegies only and they change the menu every day.

salad bar down stairs in airport plaza have a good joice of salads.

+1 good value also.

Many of the supermarkets have make your own salad bars plus the new Central Festival Mall has a salad bar restaurant on the top floor.