Back to promenada

ericpasansai

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think Homepro is one of the better names in Thailand. It seems their buyers pick good quality merchandise. I can't say I've ever ended up with junk when I've been shopping there. even the Chinese stuff seems to be well picked, tested, etc. they have a liberal, no hassle return policy. i don't care too much for Index. I'd like to because i like the concept - sort of copied from IKEA - but the merchandise is pretty much all Chinese junk. i've never been happy with a purchase there and stopped going. everything falls apart in no time.

• Like 2

Tend to use Big C/Homepro at Hang Dong a lot but now find that its easier to pick up the "vittals"at the "Prom" and although the Coffee in BC HD is only 10Bt a throw the ambience at Chi Chang (more peng)makes up for it.

Its got free wi fi and nice to sit back with the newspaper that we don't talk about and relax.

Decided last week that we needed a new fridge so Khun wifee negotiated (we don't bargain)a discount of about 4 K on a big Samsung which was delivered the next day.

Now can make my own ice and loads of room for the beer.

Regarding parking ..if you stop /park at the back near the motorbike compound you can access the building via the fire escape exit which brings you into the basement Thai Kitchens service area where the staff eat which is cheaper than upstairs.

Rimpling also does a Bt.69 Breakfast which looks interesting but only up till 11-00 am ..too early for me.

Yesterday bought some fromage...Monteray Jack,toms and onions plus a load of Forcaccia and wholemeal which worked out cheaper that Tesco/Bc and ...very good.

Also find that you can use most of the banks without having to Q and the guard opens for you with a smart salute...bit over the top but MPR

Agree with comments that the setup is not quite right yet but with the new boomtown /moo banns of the 1317...only time will tell.

Edited by Rinrada
  • Like 1

I don't get it. You didn't have a cheese muffin, nor did you have a raisin muffin. So you didn't really have a muffin at all, even though you say you are not exaggerating and bought a muffin without tasting it? cheesy.gif

Off course, whenever I go to a bakery, I ask to tas te the cake before buying. It amazes me how they put the cake back on display after I've taken a bite. This morning, I tasted 8 cakes and then walked away. When the shopkeeper was asked why there were bite holes in the cake, she pointed to the cheesecake and said "I made that one with Gruyere".

Tend to use Big C/Homepro at Hang Dong a lot but now find that its easier to pick up the "vittals"at the "Prom" and although the Coffee in BC HD is only 10Bt a throw the ambience at Chi Chang (more peng)makes up for it.

Its got free wi fi and nice to sit back with the newspaper that we don't talk about and relax.

Decided last week that we needed a new fridge so Khun wifee negotiated (we don't bargain)a discount of about 4 K on a big Samsung which was delivered the next day.

Regarding parking ..if you stop /park at the back near the motorbike compound you can access the building via the fire escape exit which brings you into the basement Thai Kitchens service area where the staff eat which is cheaper than upstairs.

Rimpling also does a Bt.69 Breakfast which looks interesting but only up till 11-00 am ..too early for me.

Yesterday bought some fromage...Monteray Jack,toms and onions plus a load of Forcaccia and wholemeal which worked out cheaper that Tesco/Bc and ...very good.

Also find that you can use most of the banks without having to Q and the guard opens for you with a smart salute...bit over the top but MPR

Agree with comments that the setup is not quite right yet but with the new boomtown /moo banns of the 1317...only time will tell.

Your wife negotiated 4k off a fridge-that's a lot of beers. Hang on to her!

What was that in percentage, and which store if I may ask please?

i would guess Chi Chang as they are desperate for business. when we were there 2 weeks ago a salesgirl at the escalator talked us into coming to the store with her, gave us 2 free cappuccino, and offered us appliances at prices that could not be beat! we weren't in the market but but we ended up buying a vacuum cleaner for 500 Bath less than the best promotion price anywhere in town as well as an extended warranty for free. between the coffee, discount and extended warranty we figured we saved about 900 Baht.

i would guess Chi Chang as they are desperate for business. when we were there 2 weeks ago a salesgirl at the escalator talked us into coming to the store with her, gave us 2 free cappuccino, and offered us appliances at prices that could not be beat! we weren't in the market but but we ended up buying a vacuum cleaner for 500 Bath less than the best promotion price anywhere in town as well as an extended warranty for free. between the coffee, discount and extended warranty we figured we saved about 900 Baht.

Correct...Chi Chang...also they have a 9 Day Sale on at the moment till 31st Jan...might be worth a look-see.