Want To Move To Thailand

I am an US Passport holder currently living in Singapore. I plan to move to Thailand but not sure what to do. I mean I just can't drive my car from Singapore to Bangkok and say "here I am I want my residency Visa. Can anyone tell me what preperation steps I need to take before I move. Do I need to apply for residency Visa before I move or that can be done later. What about my car. Can I just drive there and later deal with the Thai Transportation Department for tax. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Oh boy,didn't you read anything at all , since you become member 11/2 month ago? :o

There are many people in this forum who can and most probably will give you useful information, but just a little bit homework would not harm

Okay, so starting up a company in Thailand (which I planned to do) is probably the easiest route rather than having to leave Thailand every 60 days. The minimum to invest is 1,000,000 bahts, then afterward I can apply for non-immigrant visa.

My question is do I need to get this done prior to entering Thailand or wait until I get there and then start up a company. I'm just trying to do this right. Thanks again.