Kiat's letter to UN OHCHR Regional Office

webfact

"Pheu Thai Party often obstructed access or surrounding areas, threatening attendees and supporters and using abusive verbal attacks"

Even by today's standards Kiat calling out anyone for "obstructing access" has to go down as one of the top 10 hypocritical quotes cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Edited by firestar

pathetic

the Nation is digging pretty deep - trying to keep their agenda on track-

Becasuse the Nation has so blatantly supported the protests- could they fear that as the protest fizzles out, they will have lost a lot of credibility?

Maybe publishing crap like this is a desperate attempt not just to 'win'-- but to survive.

Mind you, theNation also published the announcements of caretaker MoFA and ex-CAPO chief Surapong on "so many country supports us"

You think that publishing a decontextualized two line quote from a gov't official is the same as publishing a political tract from a nobody?

What next- The Nation as the voice of reason and impartiality? Truth and Reason?

C'mon Rubl- you are smart- I know that but you know full well that the Nation is devoted to the establishment.- and their publishing this boring crap just proves what most know. (regardless of color divide)

TheNation just published the full text of private citizen Noppadon's letter to the UN. What more do you want?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700395-noppadons-letter-to-un-sec-gen/

Playing games huh Rubl?

That was a response to a letter sent by/from Suthep. You know that.,

It would probably not have been printed were it not from some lingering sense of media resonsibility in the hallo'd halls of Nationmultimedia.

I appeal to your intelligence here: would the Nation publish a news item on the beating of a red in a village?

Would they report a beating of a yellow in the same village?

We both know the answer. (No problem really- my favorite media sources have clear biases-) but let's call a spade a spade.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

You think that publishing a decontextualized two line quote from a gov't official is the same as publishing a political tract from a nobody?

What next- The Nation as the voice of reason and impartiality? Truth and Reason?

C'mon Rubl- you are smart- I know that but you know full well that the Nation is devoted to the establishment.- and their publishing this boring crap just proves what most know. (regardless of color divide)

TheNation just published the full text of private citizen Noppadon's letter to the UN. What more do you want?

Playing games huh Rubl?

That was a response to a letter sent by/from Suthep. You know that.,

It would probably not have been printed were it not from some lingering sense of media resonsibility in the hallo'd halls of Nationmultimedia.

- Maybe publishing crap like this is a desperate attempt not just to 'win'-- but to survive.

- You think that publishing a decontextualized two line quote from a gov't official is the ... ...

- That was a response to a letter sent by/from Suthep. ... ...

- It would probably not have been printed were it not ... ...

So after those lines from you, please tell me who is playing games?

• Like 1

As Thaksin's lawyer frames his own narrative, this letter makes clear that the attacks against the protest movement have involved war armaments, and that the protests are the single and only target of the attacks. And the police - through their lack of presence - have made a threatening situation much worse. For people to truly know what is going on here, they need to know the facts. As Chalerm today bade the media to not cover the protests - and presumably the attacks that are made against them - this letter becomes a rare window to the outside world of a domestic view that is increasingly being banned domestically.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

Answer: Utopia.

Now back to reality, there is a difference between the level of 'self-interest' shown by voters in Western countries and the level of 'self-interest' shown here. North Korea is a bit extreme example of the 'self-interest' shown by voters, but poor people here completely reliant on the good will of their local overlords are in a not so much different position.

Overlords they choose unlike the times of our good generals, including a certain General who was PM for 8 years, is rumored to be behind the 2006 coup and is still sitting... well you know where. (I have to tread lightly here).

Did he write to the UN when Abhisit's snipers were assassinating in cold blood a nurse in a temple refuge in 2010? Shooting to kill on his orders? Military snipers as adjudged by the courts? When this nurse was trying to compassionately administer first aid - in a religious house??

Yes, that's the letter I want to see.

Edited by NCFC
  • Like 1

as you admit you are confused,please allow me to set you straight.The Opposistion have no chance of winning the election, because the Northern masses are sucked in by populist policys and only vote for the money not for Democracy. Start spreading the News.

Uh huh.

And you know of societies where voting is not based on self interest do you?

Let me guess- Heaven- in Heaven people vote selflessly-- right?

Dangerous thinking jonestown boy.

I still think you are confused, I never said I will be voting, I will be taking a truck load of voters to the polls, which will be open to vote for anyone, but the Dems. A no vote for the Reds will more than likely be the cause of great rejoicing and an excuse to party. The Heaven bit is a bit Jonestownish and no one in their right mind would believe in your dream world. All the Polling Booths will be open here in the North.

Looks very sensible to me - by the way February 2nd I can vote - how many of YOU can really CHANGE ANYTHING HERE? OH............and no one will be buying MY vote - I will be giving it freelyto the side i see as the best choice. Very sad voters in the Northeast will be shepherded into the voting booths and watched. IM THAI I KNOW!!

Unless you are registered in the north east, you might find it a little difficult to vote at all in bangkok.

Answer: Utopia.

Now back to reality, there is a difference between the level of 'self-interest' shown by voters in Western countries and the level of 'self-interest' shown here. North Korea is a bit extreme example of the 'self-interest' shown by voters, but poor people here completely reliant on the good will of their local overlords are in a not so much different position.

Overlords they choose unlike the times of our good generals, including a certain General who was PM for 8 years, is rumored to be behind the 2006 coup and is still sitting... well you know where. (I have to tread lightly here).

Actually lots of the local puuyai upcountry are from the traditional lord and masters. For some people the change from slave or serf to free men dependent on the same masters wasn't really that big. Nor has much changed over the last 100 years for some.

Mind you, lots of countries in Europe were not really much different begin of the 20th century.

Edited by rubl

Did he write to the UN when Abhisit's snipers were assassinating in cold blood a nurse in a temple refuge in 2010? Shooting to kill on his orders? Military snipers as adjudged by the courts? When this nurse was trying to compassionately administer first aid - in a religious house??

Yes, that's the letter I want to see.

Don't be impatient, my dear chap. The ICC has the report since begin of 2011 and is truly and steadfastedly deliberating on a near daily base what to do and how.

pathetic

the Nation is digging pretty deep - trying to keep their agenda on track-

Becasuse the Nation has so blatantly supported the protests- could they fear that as the protest fizzles out, they will have lost a lot of credibility?

Maybe publishing crap like this is a desperate attempt not just to 'win'-- but to survive.

Oh yes, how dare that evil biased Nation newspaper also publish the letter written for PT by Noppadon thus showing your vitriolic kneejerk reaction to be 100% completely unfounded...They are very pathetic and digging pretty deep if they publish something Noppadon wrote, publishing crap like this, I agree completely, this letter trying to brand the demonstrators anti democracy whilst saying nothing of the undemocratic acts not to mention the crimes committed by PT during their reign and their dearly beloved fugitive leader is showing there biased agenda indeed....

Sorry- still confused== there is no significant opposition running in this election. The demos that you apparantly support, will harass you should you even try to vote. Yet you support the right of the demos to deny you your right to vote? And then go on to say that you intend to defy the fascists and vote anyway- while finding common cause with those who seek to deny your rigtht to do so.

The word 'crazy' mean anything to you?

Blaze, clearly if anyone doesn't want to vote, then they could just not vote.

So he's not supporting a demo to deny himself the right to vote, he's supporting a demo to deny everyone else the right to vote.

The ultimate hypocrisy of this is when a Democrat MP votes, while supporting a demo to deny everyone else the right to vote. Because then, they're saying its good for them, but not good for you to vote.