Is sunflower oil safe to use?

Jim Moee

Blood flow in the arteries decrease 31% for 10hours after eating olive oil.

For 10 hours your blood cells are assembled in aggregation which slows your blood.

And it takes 10h for your body to recover.

All oils slow your blood flow to different degrees

I try not to use too much oil but for stir frying and cooking I use canola oil and olive oil for non cooking purposes

like salad dressing. As pointed out olive oil has a low burning/smoking point. And anyone using extra virgin

olive oil for cooking is just confused. blink.png

Such an interesting topic burried amongst the usual rantings and ravings on TV. Not only would I never eat palm oil becuase of its nutritional qualities, vast expanses of Indonesian and Malay tropical forset is being ripped up to plant plam oil... it really is the scourge of the planet. But it is in all sorts of products, from face cream, cooking products, cleaning products. In S. E Asian countries where corruption and lax laws exist, it is a quick money earner for the poor farmers, but we as a global community pay a huge price. In the 10 or so years of flying back and forth to Australia I have seen the extent of the spread of this mono crop. Here are a couple of web sites. For me, when cooking I use olive oil almost exclusively ..rich in omega 3's.

http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/palm-oil.php

http://www.orangutan.org.au/palm-oil

• Like 1

I use lard all the time, save my drippings from roasting pork, chicken, frying hamburgers, nothing goes to waste.

It's all good. . .

Mmmmm bacon lard...

xhappy.png.pagespeed.ic.w4JpNxlSQh.png

When I were a lad, beef dripping spread on bread ...... yum!

Is your lard and beef - medium cooked (63°C) or Fried - well-done (83°C) ?

That would change your PhiP levels.

Studies have reported that high intake of well-done and/or high exposure to PhIP may be associated with cancer of the colorectum, breast, prostate, pancreas, lung, stomach, and esophagus.

How is your cholesterol?

Edited by Kitsune

Relax and enjoy life, use common sense, most of these "scientific" claims about food and health are pure <deleted> change from one decade to the next.

Who wants to live forever anyway?

Agreed if you confuse surveys done by lobbies, food industry to place their crap and make us believe its good for us.

If you take independent non profit ones, information can mean a lot.

It not about living forever it's about not poisoning yourself to end up hooked to lifetime expensive meds and in cripple state.

there are crazy people in thailand but do you realy think you can buy expensive oil for a cheap price?

Forget it !

Sunflower oil costs 3 times more than canola oil,choose the best?

Sunflower oil is between 65 and 80 Baht a liter, depending on which shop you buy.

I have never seen Canola oil below 140 Baht a liter, and that was in Makro.

• Like 1

there are crazy people in thailand but do you realy think you can buy expensive oil for a cheap price?

Forget it !

Sunflower oil costs 3 times more than canola oil,choose the best?

Sunflower oil is between 65 and 80 Baht a liter, depending on which shop you buy.

I have never seen Canola oil below 140 Baht a liter, and that was in Makro.

Yes I think Jesse maybe doesn't live here?

Sunflower oil isn't even 3x the price of the cheap soy/palm/mixed oils normal Thais buy.

Relax and enjoy life, use common sense, most of these "scientific" claims about food and health are pure <deleted> change from one decade to the next.

Agreed if you confuse surveys done by lobbies, food industry to place their crap and make us believe its good for us.

It not about living forever it's about not poisoning yourself to end up hooked to lifetime expensive meds and in cripple state.

Problem is so much research fronted by academic, government and non-profits are in fact driven by commercial interests. Big pharma, food/agriculture and the chemical industry are all pretty much the same these days.

I'm talking common sense - avoiding processed factory/restaurant food, low sugar/fat/salt, eating a wide variety of whole foods prepared at home, lots of fruit and veg, no so much animal products.

If you follow that, then no need to focus on "free radicals" and omega-X details.

Time comes if I'm crippled or dependent on toxic meds I'll cut the cord die a happy man.

Problem is so much research fronted by academic, government and non-profits are in fact driven by commercial interests. Big pharma, food/agriculture and the chemical industry are all pretty much the same these days.

I'm talking common sense - avoiding processed factory/restaurant food, low sugar/fat/salt, eating a wide variety of whole foods prepared at home, lots of fruit and veg, no so much animal products.

If you follow that, then no need to focus on "free radicals" and omega-X details.

Time comes if I'm crippled or dependent on toxic meds I'll cut the cord die a happy man.

All oils are slowing blood flow and causing inflammation to your arteries, which leads to heart disease.

There are lots of cases where there is no cutting cord: A stroke which is very common nowadays, can kill you on the spot sure, but in many cases leave you half paralyzed and unable to do anything for yourself for many years to come. How do you cut a cord when you can't grab a knife?

Believe me I've made arrangements, good friends who will help if/when the time comes.

I believe you put these people in great troubles they risk prison for that.

A hefty price to pay for a friend who did not want to eat his greens...

Edited by Kitsune

To the OP: Rapeseed oil is one of the most healthy oils overall due to its Omega 3/6 ratio. It is suitable for frying, and cold pressed versions are also delicious for dressings. It is hard to find in Thailand, but I have found a rudimentary Waitrose "Vegetable Oil" (which contains 100% rapeseed oil if you check the declaration) in some of the high end grocery stored like the one on top of Central World. If you want a quality cold pressed version, it seems you need to bring it from abroad.

Usually, the more a food is processed, the worse it is for you.

So butter or animal fat should be good, rapeseed oil should be bad.

Animal products are processed by .... animals !

You want your proteins, carbs, fats, and minerals right from the source, not second-hand.

Edited by Kitsune