Nexus 5 in Jaymart, Mega Bangna

roadrunerboi

LG Thailand localized the D821/32 GB variant here eons ago; the MSRP remains 16,900.

You can purchase the D820 variant from the Play Store in the U.S. Add in shipping and handling ($13.99), state sales tax, re-shipper fees, potential VAT/excise/duty.

I think the pricing is $349/16 GB and $399/32 GB.

Edited by lomatopo

Is thainexusman reliable? I'd like to buy a Chromecast but I'm wary of sending payment to one of his bank accounts first.

I have never used them but I do notice on Facebook that he posts the EMS numbers for all delivery so you can check. If you send via internet backing at least you have a reference.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Note that the units from thainexusman appear to be grey-market imports, specifically the D820 variant, so suspect you'd have to send the unit back to LG/USA for any warranty repair/service/replacement.

You can review Thai social media, or have someone do it for you, re: thainexusman's "reputation".

I've brought back a few Chromecast's from the U.S., it is pretty cool but still not that useful here, compared to using it in the U.S.

14,400 for nexus 5 16 gb seems a sweet spot.

32 gb lg g2 can be bought for 17K (grey import) which could be a better choice with bigger battery and better camera.

Considering google will stop supporting devices after 18 months of their initial release, nexus branding lost an important advantage.

btw I just checked aobmobile and they sell nexus 5 for 13,100 baht. Thats 403 usd with current exchange rate.

Hot item!! LG Nexus5 พร้อมเวอร์ชั่น 4.4 kitkat
เครื่องนอก(US.) รองรับ3G&4G
16GB ขาว(US)=13,100 ดำ(US)=13,100
32GB ขาว(US)=15,300 ดำ(US)=15,200
สีแดง(US)=15,400(ของมาวันเสาร์ที่1มีนาคม เวลาประมาณ13.00ครับ)
เครื่องศูนย์LG รับประกัน1ปี 16GB ขาว=15,500

btw I just checked aobmobile and they sell nexus 5 for 13,100 baht. Thats 403 usd with current exchange rate.

Thanks. That's a decent price, barely ~ 650 baht more than I'd pay in the U.S., and certainly less than you could land it here if re-shipping.

Here's a link to AOB Mobile; they have a counter/shop in MBK: http://aobmobile.net/wc/

It looks the 32 GB/Red/U.S. variant is 15,400 THB at that shop. Maybe LG Thailand never imported that color?

How are they making profit at these prices?

They are not. But better to get some revenue rather than none.

I assume they imported quite a few when these were first available, and rather than getting stuck with old inventory, they are choosing to sell at/below cost. With newer models coming out every day these units are certainly not appreciating in value.

its only 12,700 thb in mbk at the moment

http://www.mirakar.com/compare.php?IDPro=14671

about 390 usd but usually u can haggle a bit

How are they making profit at these prices?

349 + state tax + shipping, whats left?

grey imorted phones probably dont pay any tax

certainy not the kuxury goods tax of 2005

i assume thats the differnce and hw they can sell it cheaoer then lg or samsung themselves

who probably are paying the tax ..........

According to Tree Mobile at MBK, the Nexus 5 is only warrantied by the shop and, to my understanding, only for labor. If a part goes bad, they will repair the phone but you have to pay for the part(s). They quoted me a price of 12,500 for the 16 GB model. I'm considering the imobile IQ 9.2 as an alternative to the Nexus for a price of 8,990. It's a six-inch phone but fits comfortably into my cargo pocket. The IQ 6.3 is a little better phone at the same price. It has a beautiful five-inch display. Both phones have 18 MP cameras. Does anybody have any cautions about imobile phones?