14 killed, 40 hurt in Prachin Buri bus-truck crash

webfact

14 killed, 40 hurt in Prachin Buri bus-truck crash

hk.jpg
Twitter photo: @Huk_31_Korat

PRACHIN BURI: -- Fourteen people were killed when the tour bus they were travelling in collided with an 18 wheel heavy goods vehicle in the Prachin Buri province early on Friday morning.

40 other passengers were also seriously injured in the accident and were rushed to nearby hospitals for treatment.

According to early reports the bus was taking a group of students and their teachers from Nakon Ratchasima to Pattaya for a school field trip. The accident happened in the Nadee district of Prachin Buri at around 5am this morning.

tvn.png
-- 2014-02-28

• Like 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terrible news.

It's a divided highway where the accident occurred. I wonder how the collision occurred?

Unless they are talking about the long stretch of road down from the Khao Yai national park. Accidents involving heavy vehicles are a daily occurrence there. A true accident black spot.

RIP to all that have lost their lives.

Scared the crap out of me as my partner was on his way from Nakhon Ratchasima to the beach on a different bus. I drive from BKK to Korat every week and almost every drive, I see an overturned truck. Almost every time! Last Friday there was one over turned truck and further up the highway a DHL truck on top of a concrete barrier.

Thai news is reporting that the bus was coming down the side of a mountain when the driver lost control, crashing the bus into the back of a 18 wheeler that was travelling in front going the same direction. However they are not sure what caused the driver to lose control at the stage.

Scared the crap out of me as my partner was on his way from Nakhon Ratchasima to the beach on a different bus. I drive from BKK to Korat every week and almost every drive, I see an overturned truck. Almost every time! Last Friday there was one over turned truck and further up the highway a DHL truck on top of a concrete barrier.

i drove the same stetch on that same day, also saw the 2 trucks you mentioned and on top of that 2 more trucks between sakon and bkk to top it.

unbelievable, in a 7 h journey i saw 4 overturned heavy trucks and 3 accidents. t.i.t.very sad.

• Like 1

RIP. I can only pray that the injured are able to recover physically and emotionally, and are receiving good care and support. My prayers are with the families of all the poor people involved in this terrible accident.

sad.png

May well be seen as heartless - but who pays for the hospitalisation?? and the funeral costs for the departed??

On the 304 highway...Just had two NCA buses bit the dust on that road a short while back,now we have a total of three and 14 more dead.

Please check your facts NCA to Khon Kaen does not travel on the sams road that goes from Korat to Prachin Buri!

• Like 1

Lost control of the bus - more likely completely devoid of any common sense. Has the driver survived, from the pictures would seem likely - any charges - probably not - back into another bus tomorrow none the wiser of that he has done, mai pben reai.

• Like 1

RIP. I can only pray that the injured are able to recover physically and emotionally, and are receiving good care and support. My prayers are with the families of all the poor people involved in this terrible accident.

sad.png

Rip