Indonesian marine 'abducted' by Thai fishermen

webfact

ASIA NEWS NETWORK
Indonesian marine 'abducted' by Thai fishermen

Jakarta Post / ANN

JAKARTA: -- The Indonesian Navy has disclosed that one of its marines, Sgt Major Alfriansyah, had been apparently abducted by a group of Thai fishermen.

The man was reportedly abducted after he had witnessed a group of fishermen fishing in Bintan waters, which is Indonesian territory.

"Alfriansyah and a local fisherman approached the Thai fishermen's boat to collect evidence. But neither returned," First Admiral Agus Heriyana said last week.

A team of investigators was in pursuit of the boat, he said.

The incident happened last Tuesday but the locals only reported it to naval authorities a day later.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-18

"The incident happened last Tuesday but the locals only reported it to naval authorities a day later."

A soldier and a fisherman get murdered or abducted and nobody raised the alarm? Shocking.

So once the Indonesian Navy catch up with the boat, if it doesn't escape to Thai waters, and they find no evidence (except some missing chains perhaps), what are they going to do? If the Thai fishing boat reaches Thai territory, what are they going to do? They would have to go through Malaysian waters first, so would the navy follow?

I doubt he has been abducted. More like hog tied and thrown into the sea.

No need to bother complaining to the Thai authorities. Thais will always back up Thais.

No matter what.

You are wrong! The thai Gov wil simply find some reason to blame for their disappearance. Like a giant sunami appeared and washed the men away leaving the thai boat unscathed. Or the indonesian men must have gone to a korean boat instead of theirs. Heheee

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I doubt he has been abducted. More like hog tied and thrown into the sea.

No need to bother complaining to the Thai authorities. Thais will always back up Thais.

No matter what.

You are wrong! The thai Gov wil simply find some reason to blame for their disappearance. Like a giant sunami appeared and washed the men away leaving the thai boat unscathed. Or the indonesian men must have gone to a korean boat instead of theirs. Heheee

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They could also have been caught in the floods that are going to happen in Thai shortly , flood mitigation is up and running, nothing to do with the topic , just thought Id remind everyone .

If offical duty must carry some guns if not don't try to catch as they have noting to lose boats will confisicate and will trown into jail . Do or die situation as sea have not law, ask for back up by radio coast guard don't be hero as hero die young.

If offical duty must carry some guns if not don't try to catch as they have noting to lose boats will confisicate and will trown into jail . Do or die situation as sea have not law, ask for back up by radio coast guard don't be hero as hero die young.

I thought we were only allowed to reply in English...? wai2.gif

• Like 1