Learning to Speak Thai

cdmtdm

i have decided to tackle the Thai language full on and stop using my bush thai .... i am confused is it a better approach to learn to read and write thai first and then concentrate on speaking ? what is the best approach and how can i go about it , i am not interested in a fulltime school as i live in the sticks .... any online courses worth while ? i learnt to speak Italian from Rosetta stone many years ago and still remember it ... all help gladly accepted .

Cheers

I checked the Rosetta Stone website a few minutes ago. Thai is no longer listed as a supported language. That's a shame because the Version 2 (2007) for Thai language I have is really very good.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Do everything at once. Learning to read and write will reinforce your knowledge of vocabulary. Not to mention, there are several situations in which being able to read Thai is useful. For example, if you are driving, you may see ก่อสร้าง (gor saang) which means "construction." If you are taking a van to On Nut, best to find the one with อ่อนนุช instead of บางกะปี.

• Like 1