Visa With No Financial Reason To Return, Whats The Odds?

heres hoping! i, ve just got engaged to my gf, we,ve known each other for 2 and 1/2 years.Only provable for 18 months with flight tickets to malaysia together, e-mail logs ,photos of us and her family in various locations in thailand, western union receipts for 1 year and thats about it.she has no financial reason to return home as i support her and her daughter. i can fulfil all other visa requirements accomodation ,wageslips,etc. we would like to spend about 1 month together in the UK

before getting married in thailand next year! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, can she get a holiday visa

or should we rush through our marriage and apply for a spouse visa? :o

i hope someone can advise and thanks for an EXCELLENT FORUM!!! :D

P.S. i can show that i have stayed in thailand mybe 5 months out of each year for 2 years.

Edited by gabriel

heres hoping! i, ve just got engaged to my gf, we,ve known each other for 2 and 1/2 years.Only provable for 18 months with flight tickets to malaysia together, e-mail logs ,photos of us and her family in various locations in thailand, western union receipts for 1 year and thats about it.she has no financial reason to return home as i support her and her daughter. i can fulfil all other visa requirements accomodation ,wageslips,etc. we would like to spend about 1 month together in the UK

before getting married in thailand next year! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, can she get a holiday visa

i hope some can advise and thanks for an EXCELLENT FORUM!!! :D

hi ,

Does she posess Land? Have a Job to return too? Or any Schooling to start when she returns. Just a thought ...maybe GU22 or scouser can give you more advice

good luck though ,

rcm :D

You might struggle for a holiday visa - the spouse visa is actually easier to get. Have you thought about going to an agency and getting their advice. It's only a few thousand baht and can save a heap of hassle - a refusal now will make applications much harder in the future.

You might struggle for a holiday visa - the spouse visa is actually easier to get. Have you thought about going to an agency and getting their advice. It's only a few thousand baht and can save a heap of hassle - a refusal now will make applications much harder in the future.

But you can also save your few thousand baht and ask the experts here, i have had experience of agencies and wouldnt trust them as far as i can throw them.

P.S. i can show that i have stayed in thailand mybe 5 months out of each year for 2 years.

we have just successfully applied for a visa for my thai gf in almost identical circumstances.

we addressed the reason to return issue with a statement signed by both of us explaining our understanding of the importance of returning as we wished to apply for a residents visa next year. also mentioned the good standing of her family in the community and offered a sureity.

PM me if you want more details.

But you can also save your few thousand baht and ask the experts here, i have had experience of agencies and wouldnt trust them as far as i can throw them.

she has no land or anythihg ,she and her mother are street vendors in PHAYAO near CHIANG RAI

but she has a beautiful smile! :o

thanks so far guys

Gabriel,

The length of time you've known each other and that your missus will only be asking for a stay of 1 month are factors in her favour. It is possible to get a visit visa without having an identifiable reason to return, you just have to work harder to convince the embassy. I'd follow Oblivious' advice and perhaps make some tentative arrangements for the wedding next year. At least you can then show the visa officer that your g/f has a valid reason to return to Thailand.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Many people have been unsuccessful in obtaining a visa for a Thai girlfriend who has no job, land etc. But, this is because they have only known the girl a matter of weeks!

Gabriel, you, however, have known each other for over 2 years, and can prove a relationship for 18 months and have tentative plans for a future marriage. Many people in your position have successfully obtained a visit visa for their girlfriend.

This is because if the ECO is satisfied that the relationship is genuine and so the reason for the visit is genuine then they will feel that the applicant would not want to put a future settlement visa application in jeopardy by breaking the conditions of a visit visa.

So, provide lots of evidence of contact and write a covering letter briefly outlining the history of the relationship and the reasons for her wishing to visit the UK at this time.

a refusal now will make applications much harder in the future.
No, it wont. Although, if applying for the same type of visa as was refused then one must, of course, address the reasons for the previous refusal.

Many people have been unsuccessful in obtaining a visa for a Thai girlfriend who has no job, land etc. But, this is because they have only known the girl a matter of weeks!

Gabriel, you, however, have known each other for over 2 years, and can prove a relationship for 18 months and have tentative plans for a future marriage. Many people in your position have successfully obtained a visit visa for their girlfriend.

This is because if the ECO is satisfied that the relationship is genuine and so the reason for the visit is genuine then they will feel that the applicant would not want to put a future settlement visa application in jeopardy by breaking the conditions of a visit visa.

So, provide lots of evidence of contact and write a covering letter briefly outlining the history of the relationship and the reasons for her wishing to visit the UK at this time.

a refusal now will make applications much harder in the future.

No, it wont. Although, if applying for the same type of visa as was refused then one must, of course, address the reasons for the previous refusal.

thanks to all especially oblivious, ged, scouse, gu22, i feel more confident about this application now!! :o