Air Asia travel tips...including travelling with a baby.

krisb

So we decided on a recent trip from Australia to Thailand we would give Air Asia a go since they have started leaving from our home towns airport.

Here's a handful of things I found out...

Your luggage limit is 20kg...this means so long as it's under 21kg, it's fine, no extra charge.

Your cabin bag also is a 7kg limit, as long as it's under 8kg, all good.

Don't pre pay your food when you book your ticket. Ours got lost, refused to refund,was told our bad luck(seriously). Buy it as you want on board, using credit card is fine. We even used Thai baht. You will be told there's no outside food allowed! and it's their exchange rate.

On the food thing, it was actually quite good. I tried a few dishes between me and the wife and it was better than last time I was on Singapore Air by far. It's also quite cheap.

Upgrading your seat is cheaper on board, and can be paid for on board, obviously if there's room, but the saving is certainly there.

At the old KL airport, if your heading that way, there's no baby change room. In fact there's not much anything there, make sure you have enough nappies, didn't see anywhere to buy them.

Air Asias travel insurance cover you if their plane is delayed.

Then there's the obvious ones like make sure you are early to check in.

1 adult can only accompany 1 child...Probably something every airline does?..not sure.

Other than that, it was a smooth ride. No different than any other carrier, just the service is really average. Expect to pay for even a drink of water.

If I think of anything else, I will post it!

• Like 1

according to The Star online AirAsia will move to KLIA2 on 09,05,2014, this might enhance the facilities in regards to baby changing room and so on

That would be great. It's a 5 hour stop in there for us. Tough on all especially the baby.

I have never been to the new KL airport but have heard it's very nice.