Looking For Work In Thailand

COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO FARANG IN THAILAND PATTAYA.

HAVE RETURNED FROM HOLIDAY IN THAILAND 2 DAYS AGO AND I FEEL SUICIDLE. I DESPERATELY WANT TO GO BACK AND I AM PREPARED TO DO ANYTHING TO GO BACK. I WAS WONDERING ARE THERE ANY DECENT PAID JOBS IN PATTAYA FOR FARANG. AND WHAT ABOUT TEACHING?

Please, sleep on it a few weeks and I hope you will not feel that suicidal anymore.

There are many foreigners who were at one time or another in your situation and the ones who left everything they had to come to Thailand ended up (for most of them) in a situation that is , to say the least, far worse than the one they were in their home country.

In any case, if you want to come to Thailand, make sure you come for the RIGHT reasons and with the RIGHT job,...

First of all marc.. TURN YOUR BLOODY CAPS LOCK OFF, YOU'VE DONE ABOUT A DOZEN POSTS IN ALL CAPS!

Now, if you are feeling suicidal.. stay far away from Pattaya.

Teaching? If you can't speak Thai forget it. There are way too many people "teaching" here who can't speak thai and explain things properly to their students. These people are known by the term "useless drain on thai economy".

marc, go to work there for a few months, save up your pounds, and come back. A couple months UK wages will go far for you here. :o

cv

COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO FARANG IN THAILAND PATTAYA.

HAVE RETURNED FROM HOLIDAY IN THAILAND 2 DAYS AGO AND I FEEL SUICIDLE. I DESPERATELY WANT TO GO BACK AND I AM PREPARED TO DO ANYTHING TO GO BACK. I WAS WONDERING ARE THERE ANY DECENT PAID JOBS IN PATTAYA FOR FARANG. AND WHAT ABOUT TEACHING?

It'd be spelt SUICIDAL. You need to be able to spell as well if you want to teach.

hey guys,

So much for comforting someone in depression. Can't we give our friend over there a break!

The man wants to pump up the Thai economy, in whatsoever way, and we should be the last to dish him cold water.

Lets welcome him back again, to spend some more money, figure out what it takes to be in paradise and then go back home, sell whatever he needs to sell and come back to spend more money here, again. Better still bring some more like-minded farang friends for a multiplier effect.

Bluecat is right.

Man, you are so ready for the sick buffalo call :o

Ask your doctor for valium,so you really can sleep for a few weeks and clear up your mind.

Work hard and come back with money!

Try your local bookshop. There is a top tome called SOUTH EAST ASIA FOR DUMMIES. Hopefully it'll help you and your ambitions :o

Guys, have some compassion. I feel sorry for Marc (if this is a sincere message).

Friend, I felt like this my first trip, and the feeling does fade.

You need to explore your inner feelings about your daily life, about

yourself and find out what's not working, before you goto a new country

and look for some inner happiness. If you don't do this, you'll eventually

throw yourself out of a Pattay hotel balcony, which happens quite a lot.

Fix your life and then move to Thailand, this is important. Moving to a new

country is not a life fix. I used to think it was, but it's a fallacy.

This is perhaps the most important advice I can post here for potential

expats. I'll say it again, fix how you feel about yourself and then move

to a new country.

Tell us some more about your background, where do you live, what

age are you, nationality ? etc.

Do you want to go back for a specific person, for sex, or for

society or for other reasons. Try to reationalise it a little.

The feeling was good, but why ? ok and then take it from there.

There are others here who have felt like this, feel free to message

me privately if you want some help.

Regards

i,m glad i did,nt send any messages like mark1200's when i went back home after my first trip here, nasty bastards!

seriously mark, listen to the advice, the worst thing you can do is to pack up in the uk and come here with nothing here to support you.

work in the uk and come back, you will get used to it and maybe you could come here every 3 or 4 months, live it up, enjoy it and go home.

i know alot of people here who've done what you want to do and they have nothing.

i,m glad i did,nt send any messages like mark1200's when i went back home after my first trip here, nasty bastards!

seriously mark, listen to the advice, the worst thing you can do is to pack up in the uk and come here with nothing here to support you.

work in the uk and come back, you will get used to it and maybe you could come here every 3 or 4 months, live it up, enjoy it and go home.

i know alot of people here who've done what you want to do and they have nothing.

an old head on young shoulders is a big ask. His ideas are a recipe for disaster.

Hey Marc grow up son...... Most of us missed thailand like heck after the first time too.

Life looks real good here while on holiday and working for peanunts sounds ok in paradise.........

The reality is that this is not paradise, especially for the poor ........ get your head down and work in the uk, then come here for a holiday .......

If your serious about moving here why not prepare ? think about it and do the sums first, how about you learn Thai, read up on the culture etc........ in fact do some of the things we expect from immigrants in our country if you want to integrate.

Above all don't think Pattaya is the answer....... behind the lights and smiles there is a world of low life and real nasty characters and i'm talking about falang here not Thai. In Pattaya you need money for sure. No money, No honey. Not too many friends and a lot of sad cases.

Shit has to be real bad to think about Dr D ........ Don't do the cry for help thing.... help yourself...... and stop whinging about being desperate, you don't have a clue about hardship because if you'd seen it you would'nt be grizzling now .........

Hey I got an idea ..... how about becoming a volunteer to help others ?? No ??? thought not .

Regards