Tourist Visa in Yangon (Myanmar)

Hello.

I am going to Yangon the next 29th to get a tourist visa. Anybody Know how long does it take?

The 29th is Thursday, and I'm arriving early in the morning, so if it only takes one day, I will be able to come back the 30th if not, I will have to stay there for the weekend.

Thanks in advance.

ok, Thank you very much ubonjoe.

I'm landing at Yangon airport at 8am. I have to go to the hotel for the check in first (i need my pasport for it) and then going to the Thai embassy before 11am

So, I will be able to come back the 30th in a late flight.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Who knows exactly what is going on at Yangon Embassy? I went last Thursday and last Friday (29th and 30th) and asked for a double tourist entry visa.

They told me that from now, the double entry tourist visa, DOESN'T allow you to stay 60 +30 days, then go out and come in again and have another 60 +30 days.

They told me that the double entry visa, just let you go out from Thailand once and come back using your remaining days.

I asked to the 3 different women on the counter, cause I was a bit shocked and I thought I didnt understand right what they told me. But the 3 of them told me the same thing.

Is this just at Yangon Embassy or what?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Javi0567

Hello. Who knows exactly what is going on at Yangon Embassy? I went last Thursday and last Friday (29th and 30th) and asked for a double tourist entry visa.

They told me that from now, the double entry tourist visa, DOESN'T allow you to stay 60 +30 days, then go out and come in again and have another 60 +30 days.

They told me that the double entry visa, just let you go out from Thailand once and come back using your remaining days.

I asked to the 3 different women on the counter, cause I was a bit shocked and I thought I didnt understand right what they told me. But the 3 of them told me the same thing.

Is this just at Yangon Embassy or what?

Thanks in advance.

It is confusing reading what you are saying. You only get 1 entry after you exit the second crossing. Get the double, enter Thailand(#1) 60+30 extension you do a land crossing (#2 Enter before date) and return for another 60 +30. They do not have different types of double entry tourist visas. 180 days(Or like me if your married 220 days.) I was curious about Myanmar myself its a lot closer than Laos for me.

Edited by BigRick

Sorry BigRick my English is not very good.

What I am saying is that the 180 days Tourist Visa are no longer available at Yangon Embassy. They provide you one (60 +30) and you can leave the country once and come back, but you still have just the 60 +30.

• Like 1

Sorry BigRick my English is not very good.

What I am saying is that the 180 days Tourist Visa are no longer available at Yangon Embassy. They provide you one (60 +30) and you can leave the country once and come back, but you still have just the 60 +30.

Ahh ok so they are issuing single entry tourist visas. I live next to Myanmar and will most likely have to do that trip in a couple of months. I know its a big pain in the ass traveling there and from what I understand if you are a Westerner expensive and inconvenient with currency. I only cross over the border and there is nothing there.