British Embassy Emergency Travel Document

I do not know why the OP sent his passport back to the UK other than to save a few pounds.

It is a requirement by law in Thailand to have your passport with you at all times.

Also going to the police and making a false statement is illegal and such actions could comeback to bit the OP in the backside very hard.

I do not know why the OP sent his passport back to the UK other than to save a few pounds.

It is a requirement by law in Thailand to have your passport with you at all times.

Also going to the police and making a false statement is illegal and such actions could comeback to bit the OP in the backside very hard.

What false statement have I made?

My passport was stolen along with my daughters, the police visited the house checked and photographed the broken window where they got in and issued me a police staement!

I used a UK ETD issued by HMG in BKK a year ago.

You apply for it in person at the embassy ; At least you did last year. Not processed by VACAC.

It is not a temporary passport. it is what it says it is. It will only be issued if the current one is cancelled and I don't think HMG will cancel it because you ask them to. It's gotta be lost or stolen or damaged.

My ETD was issued for a specific journey which was endorsed in the observations section and which also specified precise dates that corresponded to my flight reservation.

I could only use the ETD for this journey. They will endorse multiple destinations if you have the tickets up to sixth months - that's the maximum validity. However if you need to make another trip before your new passport arrives and it's not been endorsed on the ETD on issue you'll need a new ETD.

In fairness to the embassy they issued my ETD with a minimum of delay on the same day.

You then have to get your Thai visa copied into it by the relevant immigration office; you'll need a reentry permit too if you're coming back and want to preserve your visa.

You'll probably need a visa to enter the country you are traveling to. Normal waivers don't apply when travelling on an ETD. For instance I was travelling to the Philippines with my wife, a Filipino. I normally don't need a visa as I get a year on arrival on production of our wedding certificate. I was advised to get a visa if entering on an ETD. I'm told this is standard most situations where you travel on an ETD.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Tapatalk