Thai Health Ministry stresses importance of iodine to intelligence in babies

webfact

I have not concluded yet, bet I am very worried. The reason is that my pregnant wife got a medicine at the hospital. They said it was vitamins. I just Googleld the name on the bottle "Triferdine". There were many hits, and I started reading the first one: "Warning: Iodide Supplement to pregnant woman is harmful.

When I read the label on the box, it says: Iodine 0,15mg ( as Potassium Iodide 0.196mg). When reading the article telling the difference between Iodine and Iodide it was very disturbing, so I must study this more. That means I will ask some doctor-friends in my home country about this topic. My wife is not taking the Triferdine. Maybe some of you know something about this?

Carerra

try this link --- http://drsircus.com/?s=iodine&submit=

now we know why-dam_n lack of Iodine...thumbsup.gif

Yes, it's true. A UN survey in 2000 (done every 5 years) showed that Thai kids were below the world average in intelligence (duh)! When they did it again in 2005 and Thai kids had dropped even further below the magical average of 100 Thaksin announced at the time a plan to increase the average intelligence of Thai kids by 10 per cent within 5 years (more duh)! At the next survey in 2010, when the Thai average had dropped to about 87, Thai authorities started taking it seriously. It all came down to nutrition and a lack of iodine in the developing brain - Thais it seems actually use much less salt than other Asian nations. So, let's look forward to a new wave of ultra bright kids!! Duh?!

It is an absolute micro nutrient.

If you eat normally, you will get enough. If you lack iodine, you must be living in a famine.

0.5mg a day is more than enough.