Japanese Warehouse, selling secondhand goods?

intel4004

Maybe this is what you mean?

south of Thai Watsadu on west side of hwy 11. Sign says "used goods" or "second hand"

yep that's the one. Not sure what they sell but will have a nosey

Sent from my C6833 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe this is what you mean?

south of Thai Watsadu on west side of hwy 11. Sign says "used goods" or "second hand"

I went to google maps and earth and the only thing at these coordinates was Nakhorn Ping Beverage. Does it share some terrain with the 2nd hand place?

The g/f said she has been there about 3 times and it's nothing but junk that can't be sold anywhere else. Broken toys, shoes nobody wants and golf clubs in poor shape. She said the goods have been picked through about 3 or 4 times before they make it to this location. There is no furniture and only only a few small appliances for 100V. I believe she said it is 200 Baht per kg but I could be wrong about that.

• Like 1

Was looking to pick up a bicycle secondhand. I heard that there were people selling secondhand bikes from Japan in Chiang Mai markets not sure where or when. Then somebody mentioned this place on a facebook page as a possible alternative source. Again I don't know when they are open, if you can buy just one item or what.

Sounds like from other poster it's not much good.

Was looking to pick up a bicycle secondhand. I heard that there were people selling secondhand bikes from Japan in Chiang Mai markets not sure where or when. Then somebody mentioned this place on a facebook page as a possible alternative source. Again I don't know when they are open, if you can buy just one item or what.

Sounds like from other poster it's not much good.

There are a couple of Japanese guys who sell 2nd-hand Japanese bikes. You will have to do a little googling however to find them. One guy used to be in the moobaan near the Laguna group of moobaans in Sansai. Maybe some other members will help me out. I believe Sausage King used to be in the moobaan I am talking about. I just can't recall the name of the mooban. I tried to buy a bike from him at one point. He had a HUGE inventory of nice 2nd hand bikes. But at the time his assistant was away or something and he didn't speak Thai or English so communication was impossible. I finally found his assistant there one day but he didn't know the prices of the bikes and the Japanese guy was away or something. So I gave up on him but heard from a friend that he eventually got a better system together. That same friend told me there is also another Japanese guy who also has a large inventory of Japanese bikes. He is supposedly available through facebook. Good luck!

I asked the g/f about bikes at the place in Saraphi and she said she never saw a bike there.

Thats actually the most information I've had without actually leading to anything specific smile.png grrr so frustrating!

I'm getting the impression that whoever is selling secondhand Japanese bikes in CM wants to keep it a big secret!!

From your post I'm a little unclear but did you say you actually visited the place where the bikes were being sold? Or did you just speak to some guy?

It would be helpful if you could remember the spot or stick a pin in a google map.

Thanks

Thats actually the most information I've had without actually leading to anything specific smile.png grrr so frustrating!

I'm getting the impression that whoever is selling secondhand Japanese bikes in CM wants to keep it a big secret!!

From your post I'm a little unclear but did you say you actually visited the place where the bikes were being sold? Or did you just speak to some guy?

It would be helpful if you could remember the spot or stick a pin in a google map.

Thanks

I went to the guys house a few times but it was a few years ago. I did a little checking and the one Japanese seller used to be in moobaan Pimuk 1 in Sansai.

I'm only speculating but one might guess these guys don't have work permits and therefore keep a low profile.

you could also try this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/chiangmaiusedbikesforsale/

Edited by elektrified

Thanks

Did you check out the shop near Chang Phuak bus station and the two at the end of Rattanakosin Road? One of the shops there has Japanese Post bikes. It's pot luck if you find anything decent. Bargain hard the sticker prices can seem high.

Thanks

I went to the guys house a few times but it was a few years ago. I did a little checking and the one Japanese seller used to be in moobaan Pimuk 1 in Sansai.

I'm only speculating but one might guess these guys don't have work permits and therefore keep a low profile.

you could also try this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/chiangmaiusedbikesforsale/

Am actually a member of that group and all I got was a message about the Japanese warehouse that sells secondhand goods and that didn't sound too good from the earlier messages on this thread.

Thanks

Did you check out the shop near Chang Phuak bus station and the two at the end of Rattanakosin Road? One of the shops there has Japanese Post bikes. It's pot luck if you find anything decent. Bargain hard the sticker prices can seem high.

Not yet, will have to have a look at google maps as I don't know either of these places. If you've got time would you mind providing google map coordinates (tutorial) as other people's idea of directions seem to vary wildly here in Thailand and I've already been on a few wild goose chases which is no fun with CM traffic.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...