Bringing Pets Into Thailand

Guest IT Manager

Guest IT Manager

A member asked this in Private Message and I have no idea of the answer. If someone has info, please post here, for the member.

IT

When we move from Uk on the retirement visa I understand one has to get import permits for dogs which we shall bring to Thailand. How do we het the import permits and from whom? Also people say it is better to bring them on the same plane as excess baggage so they come through quickly and one can pass the vet at the airport before passing customs and exiting otherwise the animals will be sent to a carg centre and cleared slowly with duty payments delays and trauma. I do not know anyone's address to post this topic and can not get it registered without an e mail address. The system does not accept Dr Pat Pong so [please can you post it for me. I still do not understand your remarks about thread and replies so dont know how to see any comments regarding a subject raised

Regards david Fisher

hi it,

my friend has his german shepherd brought over in a few weeks.

He checked with the department of livestock for their rules.

They actually didn't really know as they did need to handle it before but now they don't anymore for some reason.

He is told know to be at the airport when his dog arrives. The dogs needs to be checked before departure by a vet and needs to carry a certificate of good health. It also needs anti rabies vaccination.

When it arrives they tell him to be there to collect it straight away and have it checked out by local vet after which he can take it home. No quarentine is normally necessary.

Don't know if you can collect it straight a way when you arrive.

I shipped over a couple of dogs and a cat with a litter of kittens. Almost everything was arranged for me by my vet and a company called "Air Pets" based at Heathrow.

They all came with me as freight. (Freight is MUCH cheaper than excess baggage and, with advance planning, you can arrange for them to be on the same flight with you.)

When I flew in, I had a connection to an onward flight to Khon Kaen but cleared the customs at Don Muang and spent the waiting time of an hour or so with the animals in their flight boxes in the domestic departures lounge. This caused a bit of a commotion because one dog was a giant of a Pyrenean Mountain Dog, weight 85 Kilos.

I was even allowed to take the dogs for a walk outside on the apron!

Requirements: Health Certification and vaccination against Rabies, Parvovirus, Kennel Cough etc. Your vet should be able to get all the info.

Air Pets are in the phone book.