Honda CB 300f / CBR 300 vs. Kawasaki Ninja 250SL / Z 250SL

dave_boo

Can we use this thread as a comparison thread between these 4 bikes? Similar to when the CBR 250 came out a thread was started to stop the thread crapping going on. It will keep the actual threads cleaner and anyone that doesn't want to wade through flames can find information relevant to their purposes more easily.

Here's what we know so far. The Ninja way undercuts the CBR on pricing. It has similar claimed power. It is quite a bit lighter per Kawasaki's claims which are unclear as to wet/dry listing. The Kawasaki has taller gearing, more than making up the claimed advantage on kg/hp.

• Like 1

yes, good idea dave. i remember the piss fights at cbr250 thread with the comparison of kawa ninja 250 and how that thread went down!

both bikes are looking good imo. 300 series honda has classic handsome and mature/plain Honda design that you dont get bored quickly. But kawa z naked green one looks superb too, sharp and futuristic, but like all sharp kawas models, it feel like it will age faster.

only difference is Honda has a bit more grunt and a bigger petrol tank. possibly, honda offers better fuel economy.

the best thing about kawa sl and z is the light weight. but sure dave has some reservations about it so we need to see more info for this case.

148 kg naked makes a great sense in congested Asian environments. Also chassis of kawa looks more proper than Honda and possibly offers a better handling but hard to say without seeing a comparison.

Also honda 300 series offer bigger tires at 110 - 140 but kawa singles offer 100 - 130.

Moreover, honda has bigger brakes at 296 front and 220 rear if we compare with kawa 250 single series' 263 mm front - 193 mm rear.

and according to one spec sheet i found over the net, kawa does not offer tubeless tires. Honda of course get tubeless tires.

Bore - stroke ratio for both bikes are nearly the same so same revvy nature.

Honda fuel tank is 13 liters and kawa singles have 11 liters so Honda offers a better range.

I can say these now, once we have more info and comparison and tests, i can say more.