HELP: Replacement credit card shipped from US to BKK. Where?

JThai

Both of my credit cards I brought with were cancelled due to this recent Home Depot card breach (56 million customers affected). This sucks!

Anyway they said they can send me a new card to Thailand via DHL.

It's an HSBC card but sadly they refuse to send it to a HSBC branch where I would feel better about picking it up.

Also, the weird way addreses work here and past food delivery experiances have my scared to try and ship it to my long term hotel stay. But I think I don't have a choice. I presume DHL won't release it to the wrong person, and will call if they can't make delivery?

Any other ideas guys or gals?

One - a street address in your home country is advisable - with mail forwarding .. or as in my case paying a friend to use his address... I am currently awaiting a delivery of a replacement MasterCard Credit Card... It was mailed to a friend of mine - actually my Texas street address... I am having him send it to Ao Nang via USPS and Thai Post ... I expect it within a week or so ... delivered to a Language School I have attended.

My replacement Debit Card - a month ago was sent to the Ao Nang DHL Franchise address from Texas... it arrived in Bangkok DHL processing center (I used the tracking website) .. then because DHL does not have an official delivery center in Krabi Province -- rather - only just a contractor -- DHL Bkk sent it to the Ao Nang DHL Franchise office address VIA THAI POST... it arrived okay ... total time was excessive - considering what I paid for... but it got here.

If you do not follow my narrative - ask again and I will explain further ...

For info, there is no HSBC branch in Thailand anymore, so they can only send it to the address you are staying at.

Interestingly enough, I just ordered a new card from HSBC US and gave them my current address. I should get it next week. A few years ago, my relationship manager sent me a card via fedex. It took 3 days!

So, if you give the complete address along with your phone number, there shouldn't be any problem.

For info, there is no HSBC branch in Thailand anymore, so they can only send it to the address you are staying at.

Interestingly enough, I just ordered a new card from HSBC US and gave them my current address. I should get it next week. A few years ago, my relationship manager sent me a card via fedex. It took 3 days!

So, if you give the complete address along with your phone number, there shouldn't be any problem.

I could google this but....what is a "relationship manager"?

And, to keep it on topic, OP - I'd send it to your hotel....it's a fixed address and will probably require a signature upon delivery. (Unless your hotel is a converted bus in a parking lot ;-)

Edited by Diplomatico

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One - a street address in your home country is advisable - with mail forwarding .. or as in my case paying a friend to use his address... I am currently awaiting a delivery of a replacement MasterCard Credit Card... It was mailed to a friend of mine - actually my Texas street address... I am having him send it to Ao Nang via USPS and Thai Post ... I expect it within a week or so ... delivered to a Language School I have attended.

My replacement Debit Card - a month ago was sent to the Ao Nang DHL Franchise address from Texas... it arrived in Bangkok DHL processing center (I used the tracking website) .. then because DHL does not have an official delivery center in Krabi Province -- rather - only just a contractor -- DHL Bkk sent it to the Ao Nang DHL Franchise office address VIA THAI POST... it arrived okay ... total time was excessive - considering what I paid for... but it got here.

I understand but I'd rather have them send directly to me at their expense. I'm in the heart of BKK.

Yes, looks like that's what I will do. Will update when/if I ever get it haha.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I understand but I'd rather have them send directly to me at their expense. I'm in the heart of BKK.

Yes, looks like that's what I will do. Will update when/if I ever get it haha.

Okay - do it your way ... my way worked - FIRST TIME ... and then for another reason - another card is working the second time .. no failures ... UP TO YOU..

I could google this but....what is a "relationship manager"?

And, to keep it on topic, OP - I'd send it to your hotel....it's a fixed address and will probably require a signature upon delivery. (Unless your hotel is a converted bus in a parking lot ;-)

At HSBC Premier, you have a dedicated person who is supposed to help you regarding bank matters. My relationship manager is the branch's director.

Any address is fine as long as it is accurate. Signature upon delivery is usually made by the receptionist. For example, in my case, the condo's juristic department signs any incoming mails and parcels on my behalf.

Okay - do it your way ... my way worked - FIRST TIME ... and then for another reason - another card is working the second time .. no failures ... UP TO YOU..

I hear ya. I just don't see the benefit to shipping to my parents who will then have to pay to ship it to me and I'd rather have it go DHL than USPS+Thai Mail. HSBC is going to send it to me for free directly to me in Bangkok. I just hope they can make sense of the address and that it makes it in to my hands. Even if it doesn't it's no risk, just time wasted haha.

Thanks all. I will update when I get it.

Will, please update when you get your card and what courrier it was. Thanks.

I hear ya. I just don't see the benefit to shipping to my parents who will then have to pay to ship it to me and I'd rather have it go DHL than USPS+Thai Mail. HSBC is going to send it to me for free directly to me in Bangkok. I just hope they can make sense of the address and that it makes it in to my hands. Even if it doesn't it's no risk, just time wasted haha.

Thanks all. I will update when I get it.

Will, please update when you get your card and what courrier it was. Thanks.

Yep, I will. If I seem to forget it, hit me up ;)

For your information there is a massive HSBC branch on Rama IV

"Interestingly enough, I just ordered a new card from HSBC US and gave them my current address. I should get it next week."

Really? That is interesting.

"Interestingly enough, I just ordered a new card from HSBC US and gave them my current address. I should get it next week."

The HSBC branch at Rama IV is closed for more than 2 years now. As mentioned earlier, there's no more HSBC in Thailand. Please check their website for more details.

To be honest, I quite don't get your sarcasm. What's the point of it?

The HSBC branch at Rama IV is closed for more than 2 years now. As mentioned earlier, there's no more HSBC in Thailand. Please check their website for more details.

The HSBC office on Rama IV is not closed, it is there right now, open.

Regarding my sarcasm, your ordering a card from your bank isn't that interesting.

Regarding my sarcasm, your ordering a card from your bank isn't that interesting.

HSBC office on Rama IV only services corporate customers now....so it is closed for business to individual banking customers and would thus be of little use to the OP. But you knew that.

HSBC office on Rama IV only services corporate customers now....so it is closed for business to individual banking customers and would thus be of little use to the OP. But you knew that.

Exactly. That's self intuitive and well known. Anyway, when you don't offer any helpful comment or give misleading info, please refrain from replying to threads.

Back to the topic, I will update you, OP, next week.

I almost needed the same thing mailed to me while I was in Thailand. My best go was to use a hotel I was staying at. That way whoever I had it shipped by, I hadn't decided yet, if and when it got to Thailand, somebody at the Hotel could answer the phone and help with directions.

As an update, I just got my new card from hsbc and sent by DHL. It was sent Tuesday, October 7 and delivered this Friday, October 10. Actually, I wasn't informed it was delivered this morning (as a notice is usually left in the mail box when signature is required), but I went to the juristic management department and checked if they got any new mails. Luckily, I saw a yellow DHL envelop on their desk and right away knew it was for me.

So, besides my condo's low management services provided by SMC property management, everything went as expected and my card is activated.

As an update, I just got my new card from hsbc and sent by DHL. It was sent Tuesday, October 7 and delivered this Friday, October 10. Actually, I wasn't informed it was delivered this morning (as a notice is usually left in the mail box when signature is required), but I went to the juristic management department and checked if they got any new mails. Luckily, I saw a yellow DHL envelop on their desk and right away knew it was for me.

So, besides my condo's low management services provided by SMC property management, everything went as expected and my card is activated.

Mine shipped on WED. It arrived in BKK distirbution center on Saturday. Assuming it will be out for delivery on Monday. We shall see if it makes it in to my hands. I have the tracking number with DHL!