Inexpensive transport from Rayavadee Resort to Krabi Town?

buckyboy

Arriving in Thailand early November, and heading straight to this yupscale resort to "relax" for several days (my wife's explanation). I would much prefer to spend my days roaming the markets of Krabi Town, especially the wholesale market, which gets going in the postdawn hours, apparently. The hotel offers boat transport to Krabi Town for an extortionate rate I'd rather not pay -- would it be possible to walk down to the beach and catch some other form of waterborne transport to town, at that hour as well as at other/all hours? I suppose daytrippers are heading for the local beaches from town -- would I just grab a boat as they alight, as one would a taxicab? First trip to Asia...not sure how thing are done.

OP, I'm just amazed that Rayavadee, and what you are already paying can't arrange a longtail on the cheap for you RT to Krabi town, crazy......Sometimes the greed over here is just over the top.

Yes, absolutely, walk over to Pranang beach, walk away from the cave and you will see longtail boats, these guys are also a bit greedy and will probably ding you 500-600thb each way (18$US), but probably thats a better rate than what Rayavadee is quoting you for their "yacht trip".

• 3 weeks later...