IQ testing for kids in Bangkok?

Nepal4me

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good place to get an IQ test done for children (pre-teens)? Via google, I found Samitivej, Bangkok Hopital and ATOC but don't know if any of them are particularily good or better than any other.

If anybody has any experience and can make a recommendation, I would appreciate it.

Please remember IQ tests are very culturally biased

With questions like Who sold Mexican territory to the USA Spain or Canada.

So make sure is written for the background of the test subject. Best to ask the supplier of the Exam who it was designed for .

Sorry can not recommend one here in Thailand but sure they suppliers can answer your concerns.

I'd suggest MENSA. They are an international organisation, who have developed their own I. Q. tests, and offer membership to applicants who score in the top two percent. Their website ( www.mensa.org ) refers enquiries from Thailand to: MENSA THAILAND Mr. Peter R. Davis, New World House, 2, Thanon Samsen, Banglam Phy, Ban Pranthom, Pranakhon, Bangkok, Thailand 10200, (66) 2 281 5596-605. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

maybe you are asking an incorrect question; from personal experience, when doing testing on kids, it is usually for placement or to rule out learning disabilities and there is NO SINGLE iq test. there are various types of testing that check cognitive/psychological/organic aspects, plus several iq tests to help determine for court if the child is below normal, low normal, etc, when deciding on schooling or if an adult supervisor is needed even after age 18 (i have a friend with a child in this position). the testing is done according to the child's current abilities: can he /she read and write, what culture/language, are they vocal, vision or hearing problems, etc depending on the child, anything from picture only tests to the MENSA style tests (which i took, and passed, but refused to join in their stupid club. what's the point?).

maybe u should be more specific in what is needed, for what purpose. in general, neuropsychiatrists can refer to the proper testing organizations.

• Like 1

maybe you are asking an incorrect question; from personal experience, when doing testing on kids, it is usually for placement or to rule out learning disabilities and there is NO SINGLE iq test. there are various types of testing that check cognitive/psychological/organic aspects, plus several iq tests to help determine for court if the child is below normal, low normal, etc, when deciding on schooling or if an adult supervisor is needed even after age 18 (i have a friend with a child in this position). the testing is done according to the child's current abilities: can he /she read and write, what culture/language, are they vocal, vision or hearing problems, etc depending on the child, anything from picture only tests to the MENSA style tests (which i took, and passed, but refused to join in their stupid club. what's the point?).

maybe u should be more specific in what is needed, for what purpose. in general, neuropsychiatrists can refer to the proper testing organizations.

Bina,

Thank you for your response. I didn't elaborate because I was hoping I would simply be led to institutions that do tests of this type. On TV, you invariably get many troll responses so in order to avoid that I didn't want to be too specific.

I do realize there are different kinds of tests but there are tests that are quite comprehensive and do cover a lot of areas.

I believe most places that do IQ testing for kids do it for a spectrum wide group. i.e. tests for kids with learning difficulties as well as kids that excel in multiple areas. My child does not have learning difficulties but an IQ test is important due to issues at school that I'm not comfortable sharing here.

• 4 years later...