Landless Thai farmers to be allocated land for farming

webfact

How can they be farmers if they have no farm ?

beat me to it. i think they are just taking people, giving them land

I would strongly encourage both of you to talk to any Thai farmer for the answer to your question.

(14. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.)

Another ill thought out post from an obvious Thaksin lover.

the Thaksin loans to the poor (Funds provided to 70,000 villages to lend 10,000 baht short term loans) was another vote buying scheme funded by the Thai Taxpayers. Condition for getting a loan included voting for the "Red shirt' government.

Absolute nonsense!! I live in a yellow stronghold, Hua HIn, which is subdivided into 11 villages (mooban),

Our mooban recieved 300k, with absolutely no strings attached. After a very democratic process it was decided to use the money for a childrens playground!!

95 % around here vote for the Democrats!!

You are confusing government programs as you are commenting about a different one than the one Wombat6 is.

"The scheme will be launched in 22 provinces."

"Scheme" is the operative word here. I can see it now. Poor farmers bidding for the land or paying bribes....only to have it go to a relative of the person in charge. You just know it's going to work like this, or just never materialize period.

And even if a farmer gets the land to farm.....he's just going to get hosed by the buyers. It's not a scheme to help the farmer, it's a scheme to help the buyers.

Scheme...scam.....same thing aren't they?

Another ripped off and bastardised Thaksin Shinawatra policy.

The General is out-cloning Yingluck (and he's not even genetically related)

LOANS FOR THE POOR: Don't you dare stop me - PM

Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday slammed critics of his latest "grass-roots" policy that would allow the poor to use copyright patents, rental rights or land as collateral for loans, saying those who questioned the cost of the plan had forgotten who had caused the disastrous economic bubble.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/LOANS-FOR-THE-POOR-Dont-you-dare-stop-me--PM-70292.html

(14. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.)

Another ill thought out post from an obvious Thaksin lover.

the Thaksin loans to the poor (Funds provided to 70,000 villages to lend 10,000 baht short term loans) was another vote buying scheme funded by the Thai Taxpayers. Condition for getting a loan included voting for the "Red shirt' government.

LOANS FOR THE POOR: Don't you dare stop me - PM

Still, the government would impose progressive land-tax rates to prevent the rich owning more land, Pansak stressed. Thaksin reiterated to Cabinet yesterday that the government would introduce a progressive tax rate for "unproductive" and inherited land, saying the initiatives would lead to better management of land resources. "From now on, every inch of land in the country must be utilised or the owners will have to pay heavy taxes. And landowners unable to pay progressive taxes will have their property seized by the state and distributed to the poor,"

The above quote from Thaksin goes a long way to explaining why so many of the established elites wanted him gone.

The start was issuing a new banking license to land and house bank. The first one for decades.

Not the Bangkok bank daughter marching front and centre with Sondhi at the beginning. The old money knew they were staring down the barrel if Thaksin hung around too long.