3bb Fibre Optic

khastan

3bb are currently offering fibre optic in Nong Khai with a download speed of 30mb/3mb for the sum of 1200 baht. I am currently on 3bb premier with 3mb/512 for 1090 baht. This does sound a great improvement on my current connection for very little extra cost. Has anybody any experience with using 3bb fibre optic and is it worth changing?

I recently got the same setup in Khon Kaen. On some speed tests to servers in California, I got 5mb up. Couple of servers in Asia got close to the 30mb.

But your current service package seems outdated. I see lots of signs offering 10mb for 690 Bt.

I recently got the same setup in Khon Kaen. On some speed tests to servers in California, I got 5mb up. Couple of servers in Asia got close to the 30mb.

But your current service package seems outdated. I see lots of signs offering 10mb for 690 Bt.

I had the same in Sakon Nakhon. Paid 1166 for 3MB but only got 1-2 when I tested.

Tryed to get 3BB to do something about it for a long time.

Finally I got them to change to the promotion 10MB.

Seems to be better but upload still terrible.

Iam on 3BB fiber and have been for 3 months, very good so far. A whole lot better than Suphone which I was on for 3 years until they dumped me. They said they don't service my area any more, but they had sent a renewal bill anyway...555

They only time it has gone out was in todays huge storm.

Anybody who lives in Sakon Nakhon and have any experience with Slingbox.

I want to have one in Norway and be able to watch TV in Thailand.

A friend has one and we tried to connect in my house, but no Luck.

No problem in hotel in Korat and also in his house Bangsaray with same 10MB. So what is the problem in Sakon

Here in Thailand it is not what you get, when you order this package or that special deal. Principally all providers have barb wire in their pocket, when it comes to lease international bandwidth. Connectivity within Thailand is fine, but as soon you deal with servers at some other places in the world, the promise of X down, and Y up is BS. Complain, and their send a technician, who checks the router, but that's it. The connectivity will not change for the better.

Hello in answer to the question about 3bb service ( fiber optic )

​i was on the 3 Mb level and chose to go to the 30 MB /4 or 5 MB at 1,200 bahts pro-motioned till 31 Oct 2014

​well its really a solid service my speed levels are great over the 30 MB often and not just by small numbers either i will add a snip of my recent test taken on my desk top

I was many years with "TOT" and we all have experience of their lack of strengths in giving sound service for the money the ask for but the company 3bb do follow through with good solid service and with very good rates give them a good try i for one would not hesitate for an instant if i had known before just how solid their service is OK

​what do you have to lose ? internet in Thailand is not top of the tree that's "north Korea" and believe it "Laos" comes a very close second place now with almost country wide WiFi but we do have some companies trying very hard and this one is by far now the best at what they do and at what they are offering you

Thank's for everyone's input so the far. The reason I have stuck with the more expensive premier package is that when I asked to change to a cheaper higher speed package is that I was told that cheaper packages no good for falang and if I changed and had problems I could not go back to the premier plan. Probably total b------t and they were pulling my chain but I was not prepared to risk it. What I do not understand is that at the beginning of the year my speed suddenly shot up to 10mb then just has suddenly two months ago went down to 3mb. When I inquired why they said they had been a mistake and the speed I have now is what I pay for. When I last payed the monthly bill, which I have done for the last seven years I might add I saw the advert for the fibre optic connection and this according to them was good for falang, eureka I thought the answer to my prayers, hence my original post.

I would say go for it. 30mbps fibre wont be the same quality contention wise but better with transport to the first hub and better max bandwidth.

Even if it is struggling at 10% internationally you match the premier and for services like google/youtube with local peers will fly most of the time. Upload should be similar or better too.

I believe premier is gone for new signups (?) so they may be right with what they said. But also you are paying full wack for a well outdated package.