Best part of the cow to make my own hamburger and to buy

WilliamCave

We have a small guesthouse and cafe. I buy Thai 'A' fillet, which is very lean, and grind it up for my steak burgers. We pay about 400 THB per kilo for 'A' fillet. I add +/- 20% suet (fat) from the market to the fillet and then grind it twice. Based on sampling over the last 5+ years, I suspect we serve some of the best burgers in the Kingdom. I can put a nice 1/3 lb burger with home baked bun on the table with all the trimmings plus an American size order of fries for 180 to 220 THB.

I use the same beef for cheesesteak sandwiches. I do no t serve any steaks with this fillet as I don't feel like the Thai beef is of adequate quality. Hope this helps.

P,M .me where is your cafe-restaurant. i get around a bit & like a good burger.

Try cow's brain. Awesome...

In the United Kingdom, the country worst affected, more than 180,000 cattle have been infected and 4.4 million slaughtered during the eradication program.[2] The disease may be most easily transmitted to human beings by eating food contaminated with the brain, spinal cord or digestive tract of infected carcasses.

Bovine spongiform encephalopathy

Thanks. Cheered me up no end that did.

For a good burger use half Pork and half Beef with bread crumbs, egg and Tabasco sauce tongue.png

We use the cheapest that the local fresh market has

No need for quality beef as you are going to grill it

We're u getting your bread crumbs

Villa, Foodland etc I have even seen them in some branches of Big C. Pattaya & Phuket I think. Maybe Chonburi.

Put stale bread in the same food chopper that you mince the meat in. First cube the meat and put in the freezer for 15 minutes or so then into the food chopper. Remove meat from the food chopper and put in the bread and turn it on. Then mix the bread crumbs and egg and/or seasoning and ground meat in a bowl and make patties. I put the ends of bread in the freezer till I have a few and then chop them into crumbs.

Best part is, wait till the sow has a misscarriage then try that, nice & tender for all you meateaters, better still why not the genitals? & people ask me why i am a Vegetarian & my father was a butcher, Dah

Good name.

That made me chuckle...

I always thought "ham"burgers are made from ham (pork). Beefburgers are made from beef

ham·burg·er
ˈhamˌbərɡər/
noun
noun: hamburger; plural noun: hamburgers
  1. a round patty of ground beef, fried or grilled and typically served on a bun or roll and garnished with various condiments.
    • North American
      ground beef.

They are called Hamburgers because they were invented in Hamburg Germany

In the United Kingdom, the country worst affected, more than 180,000 cattle have been infected and 4.4 million slaughtered during the eradication program.[2] The disease may be most easily transmitted to human beings by eating food contaminated with the brain, spinal cord or digestive tract of infected carcasses.

Yes BSE I remember germany was also partly infected.

I always thought "ham"burgers are made from ham (pork). Beefburgers are made from beef

ham·burg·er
ˈhamˌbərɡər/
noun
noun: hamburger; plural noun: hamburgers
  1. a round patty of ground beef, fried or grilled and typically served on a bun or roll and garnished with various condiments.
    • North American
      ground beef.

They are called Hamburgers because they were invented in Hamburg Germany

I have the Question this first Hamburger from Germany how was they eaten fried/grilled or raw?

Want a great burger a little know trick is to every pound of beef add just an 1/8 a pound of ground pork, then before forming the patties add a dash of meat tenderizer to mix and a few spices , you will end up with the best burgers you ever had.

But the best burger I ever had was in the states it was from beefalo meat a cross between cow and buffalo, not thai type buffalo American Bison meat is very tasty. The worse meat is that crap from Oz think they crossbred with a Kangaroo or something that after taste is like chewing a bale of hay. No offence to my Aussie But the meat from there is the Pit's Nothing like corn fed beef.

Any decent steak cut, I should imagine: rump, sirloin, etc. Though I use ready prepared mince, which is fine. That said, I make beefburgers, reasoning that hamburgers must be from pigs.

Several other places, I think, but for reasonable quality, Central Chidlom's market.

The exact origin of the modern-day hamburger unfortunately remains a mystery, but there are several contenders. Perhaps the most well-known is Louis Lassen, who introduced a hamburger steak sandwich at his New Haven, Conn., restaurant Louis Lunch in 1900. Others claim that "Hamburger Charlie" Nagreen actually invented the dish at Wisconsin’s Outagamie County Fair in 1885, and still others claim that the Menches brothers did it at an 1885 fair in Hamburg, N.Y.

The burger traces its roots all the way back to the Mongol Empire, where their tradition of mincing horsemeat was passed onto the Russians, who in turn brought it to the major port of Hamburg, Germany, in the early 19th century. The most common destination for ships departing from Hamburg was New York, and by the late 1800s restaurants in New York began serving what they called Hamburg steaks, seasoned and cooked patties of ground beef, to German immigrants. According to Josh Ozersky’s The Hamburger: A History, the oldest mention of a Hamburg steak on a menu was at New York’s Delmonico’s, a recipe developed by one of history’s greatest chefs, Charles Ranhofer.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/06/17/best-burgers-in-america/

Yes BSE I remember germany was also partly infected.

we who lived in the uk.remembered the mad cows disease,it was rampant in the house's of PALIAMENT.

For a good burger use half Pork and half Beef with bread crumbs, egg and Tabasco sauce tongue.png

Villa, Foodland etc I have even seen them in some branches of Big C. Pattaya & Phuket I think. Maybe Chonburi.

Ground "Chuck" Beef or 80/20 is the best for Burgers.

Try and find "Progresso" or "Contadina" Italian flavoured bread crumbs. Either one will enhance your Burger's taste to a higher level. If you can't find them, make them yourself:

1 cup plain bread crumbs

1/2 teaspoon of salt

1/2 teaspoon of parsley flakes

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon sugar

dash of oregano

Combine all of the above ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Add to 1 Kg of your favourite ground meat. Or add 1 cup of milk and 2 eggs mixed together and have a dipping liquid for your whole pieces of meat, poultry or fish, coat liberally with the above bread crumb recipe. Then fry or deep fry in oil till Golden Brown. mh-mh-Good! thumbsup.gif

Breadcrumbs are nearly everywhere in stock, except the smallest outlets of LOTUS = Express and Small Outlets of BIG C.

Usually LOTUS, BIG C, MAKRO have them (even in Udon Thani province) and surely TOPS and VILLA MARKET to. Strating price, 80.- Baht 1 kg.

Breadcrumbs are nearly everywhere in stock, except the smallest outlets of LOTUS = Express and Small Outlets of BIG C.

Usually LOTUS, BIG C, MAKRO have them (even in Udon Thani province) and surely TOPS and VILLA MARKET to. Strating price, 80.- Baht 1 kg.

My Car Stocks plenty after the G/Kids have visited

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an American and enjoy good beef. I used to grind my own beef for burgers. I used rump and chuck with added fat to get an 85/15 ratio. I have since found the frozen ground (minced) beef at MAKRO to be as good and a lot less work.

Agreed.... Minced (ground) beef in the freezer in the meat dept of Makro is fairly decent. I don't remember the price but it was very reasonable (or I wouldn't have bought it).