Dwelling Difficulties

hannah

Having a bit of a problem (along with everyone else in my building!). We live on Thonglor and they have just opened a huge disco behind our apartment. It is so loud that the base vibrates the walls of our building! Friend's husband (Thai University prof) complained at the police station. They basically laughed at him. There is obviously some huge money changing hands here. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to deal with this? The sleep deprivation is catching up with me...I just almost fell asleep during a student's reading test!

If the amp system they are using is close enough to the wall of your house a well placed item that puts out a electrostatic discharge (bug zapper for example) will drive em crazy. they will wonder for months where that distortion is coming from and the customers won't be happy either, hehe

Greg

???

infest the place with white mice ?

trow an irod rod in their electricity cabine?

Pay more to the police ? :o

Move as said?

Go to party every day and sleep when they close?

Become Mia noi of Dancing owner, don't need to study anymore then ?

Build a Noise canceller (system that records the vibration and immediatley returns an anti signal) next to their wall?

Call Your Nice president every Day at 4 in the morning asking when he is going to fix the problem?

Any more somebody :D

If the amp system they are using is close enough to the wall of your house a well placed item that puts out a electrostatic discharge (bug zapper for example) will drive em crazy. they will wonder for months where that distortion is coming from and the customers won't be happy either, hehe

Greg

Is such an item on the market ?

If yes, where to get one ?

Until you reach a decision on how to proceed, you still need to get some sleep.

Suggest using combination of ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones.

Not really fun to sleep with these things on, but at least you will be able to sleep.

I could never sleep on airplanes before, and now with the noise cancelling phones, I can sleep easily and comfortably.

Also, a weekend away from the apartment, say at a nice hotel or resort out in the country, would do much for your near term sanity.

Good luck.