Closest Apple Service Provider (from Koh Samui)

There is, or going to be soon an Icare shop in front of Tesco in Chawang... it might be open now ?.... next to the Ibeats store. (which moved outside recently) ...

Out to the left of Tesco entrance, off ring road.

Some repairs might be done on Samui, but they will have to order parts from BKK, in some cases Ibeats guys told me they would send to BKK by courier. It will depend on the problem ....

Listed here, are the official places in BKK http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722640-apple-mac-warranty-centres-in-thailand-official-places/

You need to call Apple and get a work order number, first, which will show up on the computer, at any of the official repair centres...

It can take weeks in BKK, depending on work! sad.png Perhaps the new Icare shop will be faster?

• Like 2

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer.

I am away from Samui for a few days. I hope it opened. And I also hope there are official "Apple Authorized Service Providers". They are not here for now : https://locate.apple.com/country

Thanks!

PS : yes I think in most case they will send the laptop to BKK or somewhere.... not repair it right away... don't dream :)

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer.

I am away from Samui for a few days. I hope it opened. And I also hope there are official "Apple Authorized Service Providers". They are not here for now : https://locate.apple.com/country

Thanks!

PS : yes I think in most case they will send the laptop to BKK or somewhere.... not repair it right away... don't dream smile.png

Icare is part of Apples network of authorised dealers / repairers... I see they have not listed Samui yet.... as is Ibeats and BananaIT, all same mother company working under different names....(they don't do repairs, but told me this new Icare will, when open!)

But I am pretty certain you need to phone Apple for a work order number... I spoke to someone in the Philippines... when I had to replace a battery under warranty!

For non warranty work, MNet near Makro, is good, Boyd uses genuine Apple parts... but he's not an "official authorised dealer"! But his prices are reasonable!

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Hi Samuijimmy,

Many thanks, indeed icare seems an authorized support provider! Cool.

Is it pretty sure it will open in Samui?

It would be very good, long time I waited for this...

Thanks !

The signs are there and also the shop, (right next to Ibeats !!)

I have not been down to look if is open yet.... they did say December sometime! (I assumed this year!!!) wink.png

Perhaps the techie guys have to move here from elsewhere.... that could be the hold up! ?