Can I get a 60 day tripple entry visa in Siem Reap?

Hello,

I am going to Siem Reap in the next 20 days as usual from BKK, this time rather than the 30 day entry I want to get a 60 day tourist visa tripple entry.

My question is:

From Siem Reap where will I need to go to get this and what is the fee?

How long will this take from Siem Reap, will I need the full day or longer to sort this out?

I am planning on staying in Siem Reap for just two nights, the first night will be short as I will not arrive till late afternoon,

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ryanhull

"You can get a 3 entry in Bali.'

Do they still require a ticket out of Thailand at the end of each entry?

Yes you need tickets out for each entry but they can be 90 days apart.

Just buy 3 cheap one way tickets to a nearby country to show.

The is no Thai consulate in Siem Reap. The only one is in Phnom Phen. Also, they only issue single entry tourist visa, it may take few days and use of an agency is practically necessary.

Thank you, would it I be able to do it in a full day if I did it myself tuck tuck style? or would it take longer? thats going from siem reap

The is no Thai consulate in Siem Reap. The only one is in Phnom Phen. Also, they only issue single entry tourist visa, it may take few days and use of an agency is practically necessary.

Thank you, would it I be able to do it in a full day if I did it myself tuck tuck style? or would it take longer? thats going from siem reap

Do it yourself not advised. It takes 4 days and the embassy is not user friendly. Use an agent.

It is next day service in PP if you use an agent and pay about $20 above the $40 visa fee. Latest reports indicate you will need to a show a ticket out of the country.

It would probably be best to re-enter on a visa exempt entry that you can now extend for 30 days at immigration. Then make a trip to Laos for a 2 entry tourist visa.

• Like 1

Ryan, follow the advice to use an agent in Cambodia. I went to the embassy in Phnom Pehn with all the proper paperwork and they told me (and everyone that was applying for a visa, tourists, work, etc.) to come back next week, that they weren't doing visas that week. Unless you use an agent in Cambodia, you're going to get the run-around. They were doing visas....just not for people who walked in. My advice is to go to Vientiane and get a double-entry tourist visa. Otherwise, hire an agent in Siem Reap who will send your passport to PP and you'll get it back in a few days. You could go to PP but you'd still need to use an agent. Nicer to stay in SR in my opinion. Or go down the beach for a few days.

Good luck.

Ryan, follow the advice to use an agent in Cambodia. I went to the embassy in Phnom Pehn with all the proper paperwork and they told me (and everyone that was applying for a visa, tourists, work, etc.) to come back next week, that they weren't doing visas that week. Unless you use an agent in Cambodia, you're going to get the run-around. They were doing visas....just not for people who walked in. My advice is to go to Vientiane and get a double-entry tourist visa. Otherwise, hire an agent in Siem Reap who will send your passport to PP and you'll get it back in a few days. You could go to PP but you'd still need to use an agent. Nicer to stay in SR in my opinion. Or go down the beach for a few days.

Good luck.

Thank you for the info,

The tripple entry visa is not a massive deal, just a 60 day would be fine to be honest.... I agree with staying in SP, to be honest the manager of a 5 star hotel I am quite pally with and does me really good discount plus the best room which is why I am set on SR, every time I have been it has been really nice.

How many days would you give it in SR if I use an agent? also, how would you go about finding an agent? I cannot seem to find much on google,

Sorry for all the questions, but appreciated the info you have all given me as usual.

The most reliable, as voted on by local expats, travel agent in Siem Reap is the lovely Ouch Sopheak of Sopheak Na Travel - http://sopheaknatravel.com/

Thanks Siem Reaper, that's perfect.

Can I ask - do you know if double entry visa's are available or only single entry?

Can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure you can get a double entry; I think one of my friends did that last year...

No flights from CNX only BKK

Yeah, change in BKK it is - I know nothing about airline passenger demand but seems like that route would have legs once or twice a week, one for the future I guess...

Bangkok Air 2008 had the last direct flights between CNX and Siem Read. Lasted about 6 months. Lack of passengers which says lack of demand.

Ah, I knew somebody would have thought of the route already... ;-)

Does anybody know the thought process behind giving one entry into Thailand from one country (Cambodia), and two entries from another (Laos)?

Capacity of the embassy to process visas maybe, or something else?

The process is that for double entry tourist visa you can only apply in Vientane or Savannkhet, Laos. Visa issued the following working days or the same day, respectively.

Ah, I knew somebody would have thought of the route already... ;-)

Does anybody know the thought process behind giving one entry into Thailand from one country (Cambodia), and two entries from another (Laos)?

Capacity of the embassy to process visas maybe, or something else?

Every embassy and consulate sets their own policy for visas.

It has nothing to do with processing time or capability.

I can confirm that agents can avoid the "return ticket" scenario but may require a little extra grease at that point to get the wheels moving. If you want to avoid paying that measly sum; you can always make your own return ticket - in this day of internet booking; all you need is an e-mail saying that you have a bus ticket waiting for you in Bangkok... the requirement is to show ongoing travel rather than a plane ticket back home.

• Like 1