Wakeboarding @ Phuket Cable Ski

smartecosse

Went along on Saturday for three hours. Great fun, no skin left on my hands (let go when you fall!) and couldn't move sunday at all - far too unfit

Anyway, the prices are quite good and its a lot of fun, they have all the kit for you to use, knee boards, wakeboards, single and mon ski's.

Anyone fancy going along on Sunday for a couple of hourse or so? Need someone else to be falling over a lot and looking stupid as well :o

Went along on Saturday for three hours. Great fun, no skin left on my hands (let go when you fall!) and couldn't move sunday at all - far too unfit

Anyway, the prices are quite good and its a lot of fun, they have all the kit for you to use, knee boards, wakeboards, single and mon ski's.

Anyone fancy going along on Sunday for a couple of hourse or so? Need someone else to be falling over a lot and looking stupid as well :D

This sounds fun :o . Unfortunately I'm off to Penang for the visa on Sunday, otherwise I'd give it a bash. Never done it before - or anything like it, so I'd be no competition!

Has the place recently re-opened? It's been some time since I was down that way, maybe 3 years now, it looked pretty derelict then.

guy said that they have been there ten years. it doe slook derelict all arond the entry area and car park but once you are down in the actual ski bit its fine.

think it might be a diff company that owns all the top bit

Years ago there was a fun fair - of sorts, in the front. When that closed I assumed everything had gone. I'll check it out sometime. Should be fun.

I would love to go but i'm in Bangkok, just been looking at the rates and it is very reasonable.

Open Daily 10:00 am - 6:30 pm

Day Rates

1 Hour 500 Baht

2 Hours 650 Baht

4 Hours (Half-Day) 850 Baht

Full Day 1,000 Baht

Season Ticket Rates

1 week 20 % discount 5,600 Baht

2 weeks 30 % discount 9,800 Baht

30 days - 1 month 40 % discount 18,000 Baht

60 days - 2 months 50 % discount 30,000 Baht

90 days - 3 months 60 % discount 36,000 Baht

Edited by Lacoste

I would love to go but i'm in Bangkok, just been looking at the rates and it is very reasonable.

Open Daily 10:00 am - 6:30 pm

Day Rates

1 Hour 500 Baht

2 Hours 650 Baht

4 Hours (Half-Day) 850 Baht

Full Day 1,000 Baht

Season Ticket Rates

1 week 20 % discount 5,600 Baht

2 weeks 30 % discount 9,800 Baht

30 days - 1 month 40 % discount 18,000 Baht

60 days - 2 months 50 % discount 30,000 Baht

90 days - 3 months 60 % discount 36,000 Baht

Looks expensive to me - much cheaper in Bang Na, Pattaya & Ratchaburi. Plus the Phuket cable ski isn't anywhere as near as good as Bang Na. I think they are gouging the tourists.

last time i went i negotiated it down to 300 baht for the day, that was during low season and there was only a couple of other people there. it was also on the weekend.

maybe they can get away with charging clueless tourists that much during the high season, but if you can speak Thai they know they can't rip you off (that much).

fark i never new that had a cable waterski park, i love them, i used to go approx 5 days a week before it was closed down in sydney.

When i was in phuket i was hoping i could go skiing but couldnt see any on the beaches.

1000 baht all day is so cheap, when i come back ill be there for sure

BKK is 200b for the first hour, 100b for each hour thereafter if I recall correctly... including gear and so on.

Gets a bit dull after the first hour (and a bit sore in the arms).

Pattaya is about double these prices, and you have to hire the board as well or else use junky skis. IN fact they may not have boards for hire anymore. The line is not as angled there, so harder to jump.

Phuket sounds expensive; Donz, PM next time you are here in BKK; I'll point you the way to get to Bangna, only 10 min from the new airport :-)

BKK is 200b for the first hour, 100b for each hour thereafter if I recall correctly... including gear and so on.

Gets a bit dull after the first hour (and a bit sore in the arms).

Pattaya is about double these prices, and you have to hire the board as well or else use junky skis. IN fact they may not have boards for hire anymore. The line is not as angled there, so harder to jump.

Phuket sounds expensive; Donz, PM next time you are here in BKK; I'll point you the way to get to Bangna, only 10 min from the new airport :-)

yeah you're right , that extra 50 baht is really going to break the bank. :o

so, for those that live in Phuket (and are happy to pay the extra 50 baht in price diff for the two hours) who else feels like going?

hey ... i just bumped this back to the top because it sounded like fun! I may ride over to take a look-see though

you know you should be fine on the knee boards even with a dodgy ankle and they can be great fun

That's a thought ....

but we'll leave it at Maybe!

The girls are off on Sunday .... maybe we could talk them into going