visa on arrival limit

Hi.

I landed at phuket yesterday and was told i had reached my visa on arrival limit for entry in to thailand. I was only allowed in cause my thai gf was with me and spoke to them.

I am aussie and usually fly into bangkok. I have came to bangkok about 25 times over the last 30 months and usally stay for a week or 2 then go back to aus for work for a month.

This is the first time they have questioned me for the amount of times ive been here.

Do they now have a limit on visa on arrivals???? And any tips or ideas of what i shld do????

Cheers!

They said it came up in the computer when they swiped my passport im not allowed in then my gf spoke to them and told em we were married and lived in bkk and that i worked in aus and lived in bangkok.

They even wrote that on my passport in thai writing next to my stamp.

they said to get a tourist visa my next trip and then it will reset my limit back to zero and I'll be back to normal

Hoping it was only cause i flew into phuket this time and I'll be fine when fly into bkk next time

as you did not ever do any back-to-back visa exempt entries, the immigration officer was wrong.

You should have asked him to discuss this matter with his boss. Stood your point.

However I admit this is not always very easy when you are in doubt and wondering what is really going on.

It's indiscutable that your girlfriend needed to lie about your relationship. It would have not stood a test and made you look really bad, invoking extradition on your part and a maybe trouble to your GF. Tell her not to lie, in future.

They said it came up in the computer when they swiped my passport im not allowed in then my gf spoke to them and told em we were married and lived in bkk and that i worked in aus and lived in bangkok.

So is she your gf or your wife??? I've never heard someone who has a gf call themselves married, same as I've never heard someone who is married call their other half only a gf.

They cannot deny entry for having to many visa exempt entries or to many days on them because there is no police order or regulation to support the denial. All they can do is deny entry because of a lack of financial proof or suspicion of working here under section 12 of the immigration act.

Unfortunately the immigration officers In Phuket seems to have gone mental about people arriving on visa excempts. Have 2 friends who was told they could no longer use the visa excempt any more and to get a proper visa, despite being out of the country a month between every arrival.