NLA vice president not troubled by impeachment cases

webfact

NLA vice president not troubled by impeachment cases

BANGKOK, 19 January 2015 (NNT) - The second vice president of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) is not worried about the pending impeachment cases and believes former Premier Yingluck Shinawatra will be present on January 22, one day before the verdict is reached.

According to Peerasak Porchit, the second vice president of the Assembly, the deliberation of impeachment motions against former PM Yingluck, former Senate speaker Nikom Wairatpanij, and former House speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont is a process that must take place as the NLA is obligated to do so under the current law.

The the national anti-graft body has forwarded the impeachment motions against the three to the legislators, which suggested that Miss Yingluck should be charged for her negligence in the rice pledging scheme, and the former House and Senate speakers should be charged for their attempts to amend the Senate Origin bill.

Although Miss Yingluck failed to show up for her questioning on Friday, Mr. Peerasak believes she will appear before the lawmakers on the closing day of the case, which is scheduled for January 22nd, one day ahead of the final verdict.

Should the former prime minister fail to show up this Thursday, the verdict will be rendered as scheduled with or without Miss Yingluck’s participation.

He went on to affirm that the NLA has definitely not been lobbied on how to vote. Neither have the members been manipulated by any party, and the decision is the prerogative of each individual member, said the second vice president.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-19 footer_n.gif

Crystal clear here.........

No hidden agendas, no political manipulation.

Whatever the decision is, it will be the letter of the law and nothing else.

I will be personally happy when all this is finished and their efforts concentrate on the reform of this country.

He went on to affirm that the NLA has definitely not been lobbied on how to vote. Neither have the members been manipulated by any party, and the decision is the prerogative of each individual member, said the second vice president.

Why do they continually have to repeat this claim. We all know the separation of powers in Thailand is solid and has never been open to abuse and manipulation.... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

I will be personally happy when all this is finished and their efforts concentrate on the reform of this country.

you are living in a dream world, sir.

Yes, those guys are watching teletubies, who are speaking and giving these ideas to them (teletubies start at 6 pm every night). The current establishment is hated in most of the country. South and Central not, that is the Siam, not Thailand. They never were. Look other politicians like Newin, accused by Dems and yellies of corruption (they do it every time when someone makes any kind of real progress or makes progress and is not ready to share the profit), has build Buriram to become a hub in a Thailand. Well it is purely business , but why not. That is more tourists, investments...Nothing that the guys ruling now could do including the chicken army or the "the monk". For me this is the last effort from the old, corrupted establishment to try to get back in charge. Too late bros...People are now more educated and they also know what happend before the era of Shins. And for me it is insulting that everytime you say or worst case vote someone different that you love you are called Red or UDD supporter. That is going back to Nazi German. I do not want to be only destructive. Why do not these guys in power admit that they are not interested in elections or democracy? That easy

Yes, those guys are watching teletubies, who are speaking and giving these ideas to them (teletubies start at 6 pm every night). The current establishment is hated in most of the country. South and Central not, that is the Siam, not Thailand. They never were. Look other politicians like Newin, accused by Dems and yellies of corruption (they do it every time when someone makes any kind of real progress or makes progress and is not ready to share the profit), has build Buriram to become a hub in a Thailand. Well it is purely business , but why not. That is more tourists, investments...Nothing that the guys ruling now could do including the chicken army or the "the monk". For me this is the last effort from the old, corrupted establishment to try to get back in charge. Too late bros...People are now more educated and they also know what happend before the era of Shins. And for me it is insulting that everytime you say or worst case vote someone different that you love you are called Red or UDD supporter. That is going back to Nazi German. I do not want to be only destructive. Why do not these guys in power admit that they are not interested in elections or democracy? That easy

and when I say 'nice rant' TB will accuse me of being yellow junta loving cheerleader again.

Nothing to do with Nazi Germany though. More with being unable to see Bangkok elite and upcountry elite are not different. Maybe the upcountry elite is even worse as they still control their former serfs and those even love it. IMHO.

All in all though we are still waiting for Ms. Yingluck to answer some simple questions, like why the self-financing RPPS was allowed to rake up a 700 billion Baht loss.

Edited by rubl

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"letter of the law"

You must be referring to the NCPO-Junta "letter of the law" as prescribed by the Junta's Provisional Charter that is being used by the NCPO created NLA. Both are self-serving tools for controlling and/or eliminating any oppostion.

If you are referring to the "letter of law" as defined by the 2007 Constitution which is being used as the basis of the impeachments, then the NLA is an illegal organization with no authority to conduct impeachment.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"letter of the law"

You must be referring to the NCPO-Junta "letter of the law" as prescribed by the Junta's Provisional Charter that is being used by the NCPO created NLA. Both are self-serving tools for controlling and/or eliminating any oppostion.

If you are referring to the "letter of law" as defined by the 2007 Constitution which is being used as the basis of the impeachments, then the NLA is an illegal organization with no authority to conduct impeachment.

More like letter of the law where it says the PM should act responsible and knowledgeble, should capabilities to enhance the potential of the country rather than being 'negligent' through 'ignorance' or 'intent'