notary service to certify utility bill

Hello

For some offshore banking, i need some certified document with my address, i.e. an utility bill. since i rent i don't have many such documents, only some land line phone bill.

The lawyers i have talked to, said they cannot certify such document.

I'm a bit confused about the whole thing, as i never had such issue before.

Any ideas what i could do?

To my knowledge, the only notary service in Thailand is the U.S. Embassy.

Many ways to get something notarized.

Including a Thai Visa Sponsor:

xsiam_firm_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.vQQwNej

Bangkok: 10/1, 10th Floor. Piya Place Building, 29/1 Soi Langsuan, Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Patumwan, Bangkok. 10330

Hua Hin: 13/59 Soi Huahin 47/1, Petkasem Rd, Hua hin District, Prachuabkirikhan Province, 77110

Pattaya: 65/44 Moo 12 Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150

And other threads on the subject.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794938-i-need-a-cheap-notary-public-recommendation-in-pattaya/?p=8990523&hl=%2Bnotary

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697559-inexpensive-notary-in-chiang-mai/?p=7315781&hl=notarize

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720298-notarization-of-a-cohabitation-agreement-in-thailand/?hl=notarize

I've been struggling to redeem my ISA with Fidelity (since October 2014!) who also demanded copies of ID documents be notarised. I went to Magna Carta Pattaya (junction of Pattaya Thai & 3rd Rd.) Was quoted 2000 baht but the final bill was 3000.

Certified or notified ?

If certified. has your bank stipulated who can certify.

It seems like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut if a utility bill requires notarisation when UK government documents (for example) can be witnessed/countersigned by someone such as myself.

Edited by Jip99

The bank wants evidence of where you live that's why they ask for a utility bill to prove it. If your landline phone bill is acceptable to them and has your name and address on it in English (or whatever language the bank wants it in) just send them the original bill. Originals don't need notarising. If you want to send them a copy then you ask any lawyers office to copy and notarise the bill for you and send the notarised copy to the bank.

I've used a firm in Bangkok called Interactive Associates a number of times to notarise copies for use by UK banks and insurance companies, Room 1703, 17th Floor, Two Pacific Place, 142 Sukhumvit Rd, Bangkok 10110, 02 653 0043.

They charge 1000 baht per copy.