Thai girl pretend to speak English to get away with fine

upinthesky

Hey. Don't knock it.

She used the "very well English" that 99% of Thai girls use to achieve their ends.

And she achieved her end.

Really, think back on it a little.

How many times have you heard one of these fillies just cobble together a non-stop string of idiom, slang and illogical gibberish till they get what they want ?

It matters little to them that they are making little sense.

The threat in the air is that THEY WILL NOT STOP TALKING and thus they will cause their opponent a loss of face.

In this case it worked because she'd managed to bluff the cop into thinking that a Thai woman who spoke English would be able to beat him at his authority game.

• Like 1

It would have been better if she had made up her mind and hadn't begun with 'sorry' in very well-pronounced Thai, before moving on to English. Then she used more Thai words which, for example, a Chinese or Indonesian would be unlikely to know. Still, the copper fell for it, and his English was impressive, so a draw on points, I'd say.

• Like 2

yeah, wow....she needs to learn more English to do that. The cop's English was easier to understand. I really couldn't get most of what she was saying.

Believe me dude she's counting on him NOT being able to respond.

The old "bullshit baffles brains" thingie flies high wide and handsome out on the open road.

BTW

I am just too chickenshit to buy a car here.

I use Grab Taxi and when I can I use Uber to impress the girls.

Me and the Mrs picked up "the kid" at Mo Chit in an Uber Black.

What a blast. Even the driver got it. ;-)$

yeah, wow....she needs to learn more English to do that. The cop's English was easier to understand. I really couldn't get most of what she was saying.

The old "bullshit baffles brains" thingie flies high wide and handsome out on the open road.

BTW

Easy driving in mo chit and Bkk , what are talking about being chickenshit. maybe you need more confidence in yourself , lol

BTW

Easy driving in mo chit and Bkk , what are talking about being chickenshit. maybe you need more confidence in yourself , lol

Well maybe (even though you took my tone and my attempt at irony LITERALLY )you're right.

(GAWD if there's one thing I can abide less than a greedy bar worker it's these forum literalists . . . . . . *irony alert*

But I believe it was Alfred Hitchcock, Britain's master of horror and the macabre, who upon being asked what HE feared the most, answered that HIS greatest fear was "entanglement in our legal system"

Now, from what I see on these pages and from what I hear from my driving friends it's not a matter of IF you'll have an accident but WHEN. Since I am partial to medium-better cars and trucks, as well as coming from a jurisdiction where they drive on the, ahem, correct side of the road, I fear an accident and the legal consequences would be inevitable.

I don't want that crap anywhere near me.

I want a private car preferably black and a personal driver.

I AM chickenshit.

Hey. Don't knock it.

She used the "very well English" that 99% of Thai girls use to achieve their ends.

How many times have you heard one of these fillies just cobble together a non-stop string of idiom, slang and illogical gibberish till they get what they want ?

The threat in the air is that THEY WILL NOT STOP TALKING and thus they will cause their opponent a loss of face.

In this case it worked because she'd managed to bluff the cop into thinking that a Thai woman who spoke English would be able to beat him at his authority game.

Fillies?

She did fool him a little I guess. He responded from what I can hear almost entirely in English. Why would he do that if he thought she spoke perfect Thai? Maybe just playing her game and rubbing it in her face a little.

• Like 1

Hey. Don't knock it.

Fillies?

Female horsey

• Like 2

Hey. Don't knock it.

When the cops stop me I just speak my brand of Thai to them. They usually laugh so much they forget what they were going to book me for and wave me on. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Well maybe (even though you took my tone and my attempt at irony LITERALLY )you're right.

(GAWD if there's one thing I can abide less than a greedy bar worker it's these forum literalists . . . . . . *irony alert*

But I believe it was Alfred Hitchcock, Britain's master of horror and the macabre, who upon being asked what HE feared the most, answered that HIS greatest fear was "entanglement in our legal system"

Now, from what I see on these pages and from what I hear from my driving friends it's not a matter of IF you'll have an accident but WHEN. Since I am partial to medium-better cars and trucks, as well as coming from a jurisdiction where they drive on the, ahem, correct side of the road, I fear an accident and the legal consequences would be inevitable.

I don't want that crap anywhere near me.

I want a private car preferably black and a personal driver.

I AM chickenshit.

Does it matter what color the driver is DB ? whistling.gif

Hey. Don't knock it.

Sounds like the wife, wish she looked like that Edited by In Search of Space
  • Like 1

Hey. Don't knock it.

Sounds like the wife, wish she looked like that

Yeah, well, don't we all ;-)

But (fortunately) as the years pass other good stuff kicks in.

• Like 1